Chapter - 41

Drop a hi on my new insta account akankshajais123 and follow to get early sneak peaks!
Would love to hear from you all.

Akira
----------

The table is almost quite as we proceed with the lunch, Lisa filling in occasionally with her questions or some stories that she thinks we will find funny.

I appreciate her trying to wipe out the awkwardness that has holed up here.

I find myself liking her more and more.

She sighs wistfully and I glance at her to find her looking at the huge family portrait hanging by the wall on the other side.

She is sitting on a queen chair gracefully, while Dean and Damon are standing behind her on the either side.

The portrait is a true example of power family.

"I wish Damon was here. He would have loved it. He has been waiting for this day almost as much as Dean."

I don't know what to reply to that information.

"Umm, why is he not here?" I ask her.

"He is on a business trip to Miami. He wanted to join us, trust me but he has meetings that he can't miss. He regrets it and wanted to schedule another meeting with you, I mean of course if you want to and agree to it."

We will see about that.

My lips curl in small smile, "Of course."

She returns the favor, before giving her attention back to the plate.

Once the lunch is done, Lisa paddles toward the kitchen with a maid on her tail.

"Hey." Rom touches my shoulder.

Blinking, I smile. "Hey you."

"You okay?"

I don't know.

Yes, I think.

Grinning, I mumble, "Uh uh."

He leans down to get a good look in my eyes, after a moment of staring when he is satisfied, he straightens, "I have to make a call. I will be back in a minute, okay?"

I nod, "Okay."

He heads out, leaving me alone with Dean.

I have a feeling Romero has left us alone for a reason, like he is giving us a chance to talk everything out.

Just as Lisa has done.

"Would you like to take a walk to the garden?" Dean breaks the silence after a beat.

I have to talk to him eventually, do I not? Why not just get over with it.

"Yeah sure."

He offers me his hand, I pause then I take it.

His palm is warm, and it feels almost fatherly.

Almost.

Pulling me up from my seat, he waits for me to be steady before dropping my hand.

We walk toward the garden.

What I see there has truly made me gasp.

What a beautiful garden it is.

Flowers, so many of them are planted in a certain pattern that makes them appear as though they are paving way to dive into.

What is more astounding is the seperate but still somewhat attached field of roses.