Chapter - 39

Next chapter is also up on inkitt. Also do read the note at last.

Akira

............

Touching Romero's arm to get his attention, I excuse myself, "I have to go to restroom. I'll be right back."

He nods before helping me out of the chair.

I make my way toward the washroom and quickly do my business.

As I exit the room to return back, I hear a soft cry coming from the balcony.

I tell myself to leave but as always my curiosity wins.

Oh heck.

This curiosity is going to get this cat killed one day.

Not wanting to alert the person, I slowly move to the sound.

Looking around I find a woman looking up to the sky and tears coming out of her eyes.

Now I feel guilty.

I shouldn't be here.

This might be her private space and I came inside uninvited, violating her privacy.

I start to retreat.

"You don't have to leave. I'm done crying." Her smooth voice stops me.

I wince.

Damn it.

I clear my throat, "Uhh I'm sorry. I didn't mean to eavesdrop."

"Don't worry about it. Join me?" She invites.

I hesitate.

Romero would be waiting for me and if I took too long, I know he will come looking for me.

But she was crying and probably needs someone to talk to relieve herself.

I decide to join her.

"I'm Linda."

I frown, I have heard that name before but can't recall it.

"Akira Ray."

"An unique name, don't you think?" She offers a weak smile.

Now that I look carefully, I realise she must be in her forties but she looked quite beautiful for her age.

And even though she was crying earlier, her entire posture still depicts elegance.

I smile back, "Yeah, I used to hate it when I was little, I thought it was boys name but now I love it because my parents have given it to me."