Chapter - 35

A/N: Next Chapter is up on Inkitt. You can check it out if you like or you could wait.

Akira

............

I feel him before he even touches me.

Romero slides inside blanket slowly and carefully as if not wanting to wake me, I smile at that. An arm comes around my waist and next second I'm tucked tightly against him.

"You're back."

His lips touch my neck, "Yeah. Did I wake you?"

"No, I was waiting for you."

"Like you said."

"Like I said." I repeat.

"I'm glad." That is when I detect something off in his voice and notice the tension vibrating through his body.

Turning around, as we come face to face, I try to see his expression in dark, not that I need to, the tightness of his jaws are a telling that something is troubling him.

"What's wrong?" I touch his cheekbones gently.

Grabbing my palm, he plants kiss on each knuckle, "Nothing is wrong. I just missed you, so fucking much."

"I missed you too but I know something is bothering you."

"You are over thinking, love. Come on lets make love." He chuckles at his own attempt to rhyme while unzipping my night dress.

"Romero, tell me please."

"Ray, there is nothing to tell."

"But-"

He shuts me up with a kiss and I let him, kissing back just as intensely, because God, I missed him too, a lot.

When he kisses me like this, with barely a narrow thread of restrain, it unravels my darkest desire that I was not even aware of. I feel myself getting lost in the sync of our lips as they dance, fighting for dominance.

But that is until his hand start to slip down.

Uh uh

Nope.

Not happening.

I might have missed him a lot and want to make love to him with every fiber of my body but I am not going to let him shut me off using sex just to avoid talking.

"Stop."

He freezes, like really stops all body movement. If I wasn't so worked up, I would have laughed at how comical it felt.

"Ray, what-"

"You do not get to use sex to divert my attention." My voice coming harsher than intended.

"I am not using anything. I missed my girl and I wanted to feel her fucking close to me without having to explain myself, guess I was wrong. Come on then let's talk shits bothering me, shall we?" He snaps back, unwillingly I flinch.

Painful knots form in my belly.

What's wrong with him?

I know it's partially my fault but still.

He doesn't talk to me like that.

Maybe I shouldn't have pushed him so hard to tell me stuffs he clearly doesn't want to share.

I just thought talking might help him relieve some of his tension that I can clearly feel.

And if our positions were reversed, he would have done the same, wouldn't he?