Chapter - 36

Akira

.........

Looking around Romero's New York's penthouse in his building which from the name suggest is a part of King's wing chain, I come to a sudden realisation that this place is going to be his home soon.

Though we haven't talked about it yet, probably because I'm avoiding it but we both know after the term break, he would be finished with college. He won't have any reason to live back home with me.

And now that Dante is planning to retire, Rom will have to take over the company. He won't be able to do his work from home like he is used to. He will need to go to office and do all the stuffs that needs to be done.

Even though it is not long distance, specially when you have chopper and jet at your disposal but still moving back and forth daily would be waste of time, not to forget exhausting.

Thinking about it makes my stomach flutter and not in good way.

Being away from Romero for a day is hard enough, I don't have slightest idea as to how I would manage when the time would come.

We have become each others favourite habit that we never want to change, I don't know how we will manage then but what I know is that we will find way, we always do.

So till then I'm not going to torture myself by obsessing over it.

"Ray!"

I snap out of it.

"Huh?" I glance sideways to find Rom looking at me with concern.

"I've called your name dozens time now. Where did you go?"

Not wanting to discuss what has been bothering me, I smirk, "Do you really want to know?"

"I'm sure I do."

Shrugging, I point toward to bedroom, "I was just wondering how soft the bed there is going to be."

He frowns, "Nice try. Now tell me."

Yup, I knew I couldn't pull it off but it's worth a try.

He always notices.

But I can't tell him what I was thinking because that would agitate him more and which, in result would ruin the mood overall.

Thinking quickly, I come up with another excuse which is not exactly a lie, "It's nothing. I was just thinking about tonight's party and how would I fit into it. I have never been to these things and I don't want to mess it up."

He relaxes as if it is nothing, "Baby, come on. You can't be serious."

"Of course I'm serious. I don't want to embarrass you-"

He kisses me.

This is a very, I emphasis very bad habit of his that I love way too much.

"What was that for?" I gasp after breaking off.

Now he is the one smirking, "Lady, first of all, when you would walk in tonight all eyes will be on you and they will be filled only with awe and envy, I assure you that. Second, you don't need to fit in there, because you fit just perfect with me. And third, you can never embarrass me, not even if you started dancing naked, no, wait, that would make me go crazy with rage and any person who sees you like that would be at the risk of getting killed."

Laughing, I jump in his arm, "My silly, crazy, possessive man."

"That's right, Darling. Don't forget it. Now what were you saying about the bed."