Chapter 26

Imp: Chapter 27 is updated on Inkitt. Check ot out or you could also wait.

"Few things to remember, put honor before money, service before demand, and people before aspiration."

………

Akira

"Would you honor me with a dance, my lady?"

Bowing my head I grin, "Certainly kind sir." I let little Ben lead me to the dance floor.

The dinner has been served and toasts had been made. The one I have loved the most was of Ben's dad, Mr. Parker. He was so sweet in his words one might never expect this from him judging by his tough outer appearance. Since I have become quite close with the family in past few days, it hasn't came off as a surprise given how sweet he is with his wife, sister and specially his mother.

"I would like to say something.  Mom, I love you, you are best person I know. You are my miracle. And when you adopted me, you completely changed my life for the best. You gave me your home, my sister, most importantly your love. And I know it's same for Erica.

"You were there when I met my wife, or when we had Ben and I was so scared, you told me to grasp it and enjoy it because time doesn't come back. I'm so glad that I listened to you mother. Thank you again."

Eve has shed some tears at that and most of us became emotional at the heartfelt words.

"Richard, you are an honourable man and it's always a pleasure to be in your company, no wonder my mother loves you. When I see you both together I forget all the reservation I might have had so I know you will cherish our mother way she deserves."

Richard has acknowledged him with a nod. Then he turned to me.

"Akira, in the past few days you have become a family to us. I want to thank you for what you have done to bring both of them together, even though you like to disagree but we all know it wouldn't have been possible without you. A special thanks to you."

I had smiled in embarrassment as many people started staring me and pushed more into Romero's side. Who not liking my discomfort at the attention had glared everyone until they all looked away only to give me more curious but subtle glances.

Talk about awkwardness.

"Why are you not dancing with your boyfriend? Did you have a fight?" He asks, smirking as if the idea appeals to him.

And it probably does, given how his mind works.

"Why are you not dancing with your girlfriends?" I shoot back.

He nods. "Fair enough. Let's not talk about our love life here."

Damn the kid talks better than most of the adults.

"Why not?" I push, for nothing.

He does this thing with his eyes that makes him look almost devilish, and I have a feeling he is about to be a smartass, "It is our only time to be together before roaring man comes back. I don't want to waste it talking nonsense."

Roaring man means Romero, who loathes the name.

My eyes widen, a reflex, same as the erupting laughter, "How old are you again?"

He is smirking again,"Old enough."

Heartbreaker, player, flirt, he is going to be all of it in time.

Taking hold of both of my palms, he starts to sway me or at least tries to. I will have to give it to him for his effort to copy the way his father is dancing with his very pregnant mother, Helena.