Chapter - 64

Akira
----------

As soon I exit the elevator my phone pings, I pause mid step when I notice it's from Dante and quickly tap on it.

'Everything has been arranged just as you instructed, mam. Let me know if I could be of any further use.
PS: My offer to drop him in mid ocean still stands, think on it.'

I grin, shaking my head, to say Dante is dramatic would be an understatement. He loves spices, especially at the expenses of his nephew. Messing with Romero seems like a hobby for him and it's not like Rom doesn't do the same.

Just two days before he had sent Dante in an old-women knitting club on the pretext of an important meeting. He had been spitting mad but even the badass Dante couldn't break free from the group of old lioness, he had to spent an hour there. Romero had roared with laughter when he told me later on our nightly phone call. He said it was his revenge for dealing with some obnoxious clients alone after Dante bailed on him.

I still don't fully understand the dynamics of their relationship, it's profusely a turmoil. I guess messing with each other is their love language. They would probably call me crazy if I tell them that.

Only thing left is to sit by and enjoy, preferably with popcorn.

Exhilarating sensation thrums throughout my body as I read the message again.

"Miss Ray?"

I crane my neck to look up and up until my eyes reach warm brown ones. Neil's tall form doesn't appear a bit intimidating from the way he shifts on his feet, a flock of his gorgeous ginger hair falling on his forehead.

I would to kill to have those hair.

"Neil! How are you?" I put my phone away.

He smiles slightly, "I am fine, Miss. How are you feeling now?"

Still not over the 'Miss', are you?

I can't get into it today and I'm a woman on mission.

I touch my head, not at all missing the bandage and shrug, "Never been better."

"That's good. Mr. King is inside, and alone."

I frown, "You didn't tell him I was coming, did you?"

He appears to be offended by that, "Of course not, I'm saying that I have worked around his schedule so that he could be free."

"For the whole weekend, right?"

He nods, "Yes. Dante sir has instructed so."

I pat his arm, "You are a sweetheart, Neil."

As expected, he flushes red and hurries toward Romero's office. I catch up to him and from the corner of my eyes I notice, Nikita, the Indian beauty, eyeing us skeptically. She nods in greeting when our gazes collide.

So I was right huh?

"Any progress there?"

"What?"

I tilt my head in her direction as we pass her desk, if possible his blush turns a shade darker.

"I...uh..We are going on a date tomorrow." He informs me with some reluctance.

He looks nervous, avoiding her direction completely.

"First date?"

He nods rubbing the back of his neck as we stop by the door.

Poor guy.

"Good luck!"

Seeming unsure, he steps back. "Uh, thank you."