Chapter 24

Seulgi's P.O.V.

We are currently here right now in Incheon airport waiting for our plane. Apparently, the 'luxurious trip' that we won during the team building rally would take place right now. Irene and I had to prepare our things last minute because the production crew only told us about it yesterday.

"So, have you brought all the things you need?" I asked Irene.

Irene nodded. "I guess so. I only brought the things that I bring when we go on tour."

"It's been a while since we traveled, right? Ohh which reminds me, it's our first time traveling together. Only the both of us, together." I said.

"Yeah, I gotta admit, I am really excited right now. Winning the team building rally made sense after all."

"I'm also excited to find out what we're going to do abroad. The whole trip is free after all, so I'm waiting to see what they have prepared for us."

We went to the counter and decided to get our tickets. The lady asked us if we wanted to get the 'couple seat'.

"Ohh is that a thing?" Irene asked. The lady nodded.

"So should we??" I hesitantly asked Irene.

Irene looked at me and smiled. "Well, it's our first trip together, alone. Why not try it? Joy and Yeri aren't with us so no one's going to tease us."

"Okay, we would like to get the couple seat please." The lady gave us our tickets and we thanked her as we sat down again.

After a few minutes, the announcer spoke on the speaker that our plane is about to leave and that we need to board the plane right now. As we are about to head towards where the plane is located, Irene excused herself.

"Can you wait here for a second? I really need to use the bathroom."

"Do you want me to come with you?" I asked.

"What? Oh, no need. Just give me a minute." Irene said and then rushed to the bathroom.

I was left all alone, sitting, with my suitcase by my side. A few minutes passed and Irene is still not here. I began to get worried. I wonder what happened to her. I was about to stand up, when a lady came towards me and gave me a rose.

"Someone asked me to give this to you."

"Ohhh, thank you so much." I replied. I wonder if a fan gave me this flower. Maybe that fan is really shy that's why she asked someone to give it to me. Oh right. IRENE?!?!

Before I got the chance to rush towards the bathroom, another person approached me and gave me another rose.

"What's going on??" I bashfully hid my face with the flowers that I'm holding.

Once more, another person approached me. This one's different, she gave me a letter. I opened the letter and saw Irene's handwritting.

"You're surprised, aren't you? Go to the nearest exit right now."

I looked at the bottom of the letter and it says "Sincerely, Kang Joohyun". My face flushed as I saw what she wrote. I tried to compose myself and then began to walk towards the nearest exit.

***

I can already see Irene's silhouette at the exit and I began to fasten my pace since the plane's about to leave us. As I opened the door, Irene shouted 'surprise', while holding a cake topped with candles that has the number 200.

I can't help but to smile when I saw Irene, looking so cute and small while holding the cake.

"What's all this?" I asked her.