Chapter 25

Seulgi's P.O.V.

We decided to take a trip to our next destination, which is the Eiffel Tower. Everything was prepared, a car came to pick us up from the restaurant.

"Ahhhh I can't wait to see the Eiffel Tower. I already see it a lot of times but only in movies." I said, starting to begin a conversation.

"Me too. Since we're going to Paris, I wonder why they call it the 'City of Love'. Aren't you curious about it too?"

"Same, I'm also curious about it. Maybe we'll feel more attracted to each other when we get there." I jokingly said. Irene playfully slapped my shoulder.

"Or maybe we'll fall harder for each ot--" I wasn't able to finish what I was about to say because right now, Irene practically shoved me.

"Yah, that's enough. Let's just find out what this 'City of Love' will do to us.

***

The staffs dropped us off near the Eiffel Tower. They told us that the first thing we need to do is to stroll around Paris and if we reached the park near the tower, we would see a picnic mat that they have prepared for us.

"Shall we get going?" I asked Irene, extending my hand for her to hold.

She gladly took my hand as we started strolling around Paris.

"Wow, the sights here are really beautiful." Irene said as she looked around.

"Well, nothing can really compare with the beauty of this woman that I am holding." I replied, receiving a nudge from Irene.

"Yah, is this the effect of the 'City of Love'? You're being cheesier than I expected."

"I guess so. Who knows, maybe this is just me expressing my true feelings." Irene smiled at me after that. She didn't give me a reply after that. Instead, she held my hand tighter.

We continue strolling and after a while, we can already see the green grass and the Eiffel Tower in front of it.

"I can already see the picnic basket from here, babe." Irene blurted out.

I was about to react with what she said, when she suddenly dragged me towards where the picnic mat is located. By the time we got there, my cheeks are already flushed. I don't know why I still get butterflies in my stomach whenever Irene does something like that. We're already married, so that isn't a big deal anymore. Right?

Irene was the first to sit down on the picnic mat. I started to do the same when she started setting the foods from the picnic basket. I didn't realize that all the foods were in front of me already since I was still thinking about what she called me earlier.

"Yah, Kang Seulgi? Are you still here with me?" Irene waved her hand in front of me.

"Huh? Oh...yes. I'm sorry I just got a little distracted."

"Distracted with what? With what I called you earlier?" She asked me while smirking.

I gulped. "Uhmm...not really, I was just distracted by how the Eiffel Tower looks really beautiful from here." I lied. I didn't want Irene to become cocky 'cause that's my job.

"You were just telling me earlier that nothing can compare with my beauty and now that we're here, you're telling me that you are distracted by the beauty of the Eiffel Tower." Irene said. I don't know if I'm just assuming things, but the way how she said it, she sounded a bit disappointed.

"I'm just messing with you. Nothing can really compare with your beauty. You don't have to worry about it." I looked at her and saw her staring down.