Chapter 23

Seulgi's P.O.V.

After the wild and daring team building rally that we have experienced, everything was back to normal again. It's back to Irene and I spending a day somewhere or maybe going on dates now and then...

My thoughts were interrupted when Irene spoke up.

"So, where are we going today?"

"It's a secret. By the way, I told you to wear something that will keep you warm. Why aren't you wearing a jacket?" I asked her as I glanced to look at her with my eyes not leaving the road since I'm driving.

"I don't know, maybe because you didn't tell me where were going and I'm not sure whether you're telling the truth or not." Irene responded nonchalantly.

"Yah, where's the fun in that? How can I surprise you when you already know where were going?" I looked Irene and I saw her pouting.

"Don't do that face, you're not cute." I said, trying to sound displeased.

"Yahhh, that's below the belt. I'm your wife, remember? Everything that I do, especially when I do aegyo, should be cute for you."

"I don't think that's how couples work. Well, I hate to admit it, you were kinda cute when you did that. Can you do it one more time?" I looked at Irene once more and I saw her looking at the window.

I sighed. "Fineee, I'll lend you my jacket when you get cold. I know that you hate being cold and I also hate the fact that you are so irresistible." I glanced at my side to see Irene's reaction. I guess it's a mission accomplished since I can see that she's now smiling.

It was silent after our conversation. It wasn't those awkward silence between two people. It was actually silence that makes us enjoy just by being with each other. After a while, I tried to come up with another thing to tease Irene.

"I remembered something." I cleared my throat to get Irene's attention.

"What is it?" Irene asked me curiously.

"Well, remember the last round of the team building rally, wherein we had to sing and dance a song together?"

"What about it?"

"I wasn't...really...you know,....expecting the ending that we did. If you were to ask me, it was pretty...intense." I mentally cursed myself since I was supposed to tease her and I don't even know why I am stuttering right now.

*We Got Married Family (MCs)*

"Ohhh is she talking about the kiss??"

"That was a pretty good scene to watch."

"They could do it everyday and I won't get tired of watching it."

"Ahhh so were you talking about the peck that I gave you?" Irene asked me emotionless.

"Yeah?"

"Well, I wasn't expecting myself to do that either. Maybe it was the adrenaline that I was feeling at that moment and also the competitiveness that I was feeling at that time. You know that our competitors are singers too and we had to do something that will get the judges' attentions."

"Yeah, I guess that was the it. I was really feeling energized that day too since I also wanted to win"

"Did you like it?" Irene suddenly blurted out.

"Did I like what?"

"You know, the kiss, even though it's just a peck."

"Ohhh," I am completely blushing right now. "I...I don't..."