Chapter 28

Seulgi's P.O.V.

I had a schedule this morning so I left Irene at home while she was still sleeping. Right now, I am currently heading home since the photoshoot that I did ended early. As I entered the penthouse, I saw Irene wearing an apron, cooking.

"Honey, I'm home." I jokingly said.

"Yah, why are you home so early? I was trying to cook lunch for us."

"Do you want me to help you?"

"No, thank you. Go rest first. I'll finish this up." With that, I left Irene at the kitchen and let her do her thing.

Entertaining myself is a hard task. I couldn't stay still even for just a minute. I wanted to go out already and help Irene cook. I am really really bored right now. I didn't hold myself back and head out to watch Irene.

"Yah, what are you doing here? I told you to rest upstairs." Irene said.

"What's the problem? Is it wrong that I want to watch my beautiful wife cook?"

"I--"

I burst out in laughter. "Yah, our marriage is about to end and you're still not used to hearing cheesy lines from me? Don't mind me here. Just cook like what you are doing before I came here."

Irene didn't say a thing and began cooking again. I watched her intently as she was really focusing on what she was doing. I think this was the first time that I saw Irene cooking with her being my wife already. I was too busy watching her cook that I didn't even notice that she was already right in front me, holding the dishes that she made.

"Are you going to stare at me all day or are you going to eat?" Irene asked me, smirking.

"I can do both." Irene began blushing and it was my turn to smirk. I didn't notice that she was struggling with the dishes that she's trying to balance with her hands.

"Ohhh, right. Sorry, let me help you with that." I took the plates that Irene was holding and began to put it on the table. I also took plates and utensils from the cabinet and started setting up for lunch.

"Wow, you really made all of these for me?" I asked her, looking at the dishes that she cooked.

"Of course, this is just one of the things that I would do for you." Irene smiled at me. I looked at her and smiled too.

"Should we start eating?" I asked.

"Sure."

I was about to eat, when Irene stopped me. "Here, let me feed you the right way." Irene took my plate for me and started twisting the pasta using her fork. She then fed me slowly, not wanting the sauce to drip on my face. Even though I know that there is no such thing as 'the right way to eat', I let her feed me. Who would refuse to be fed by the one and only Bae Joohyun?

"So, what do you think?"

"Mmm, did you buy these? It tastes really delicious." I began to feed Irene too just like what she did earlier.

"It tastes good, right?" I asked her. Irene nodded, while chewing her food.

After eating, I took a red envelope from my bag.

"They gave this to me on my way home." I gave Irene the envelope and let her read what's inside.

"Your marriage is going to be over today. Enjoy your last moment as a married couple."

"Wow, is this really our last day together? This just feels weird. I feel like we just got married and right now, we're about to end this relationship of ours already." I said, Irene nodded.