Chapter 16

Seulgi's P.O.V.

Irene and I woke up a bit late than usual. I don't know why but I think that it has something to do with Wendy, Joy, and Yeri visiting us yesterday. It was really tiring but we all had a great time. It was nice seeing the other members every now and then. Currently, I am arranging my vinyl records and Irene is eating breakfast. As I moved one of my vinyls, I saw a red envelope. Judging by how it looks, I think it's another mission. I went to the dining room to show Irene the envelope.

"Hyun, I found a letter." I said, showing her the red envelope that I am holding.

"Where did you find it?" Irene asked.

"It was right on the shelf where I put all my vinyl records."

"Huh, it's been a while since we had a mission." I gave Irene the envelope.

Irene opened the envelope and showed it to me so that we can both see what is written.

"The Aseul's Couple trip to Everland. Eat, have fun, and show the world how much you love each other in Everland. If both of you managed to complete the mission, you will receive a special gift."

"So are they going to provide us free tickets to Everland?" Irene asked me.

"I guess so. I'm curious about the special gift that they will give us after completing the mission."

"Do you think that we can complete this mission?"

"Honestly, it doesn't sound like a mission to me. We just need to have fun and show how much we love each other. It's really easy, right?" I asked Irene.

Irene nodded. "What are we waiting for? Let's go now. It's not fun if there are tons of people there already."

"Okay, let's go!!" I said, getting a little excited.

***

The ride to Everland was pretty quick. It only took us half an hour to reach our destination. Luckily, today was Monday and the place was not really packed.

"We're here!!" I shouted as I went down the car.

"Someone's excited." Irene said beside me.

"Well, we haven't been to a theme park since like forever and besides, I get to spend another day with you. Only the privileged gets to do that." I teased her.

Irene's cheeks flushed. "And by privileged, you mean you, right?"

I nodded my head. "Yup, only Kang Seulgi gets to do that." I winked at Irene and left her to get our tickets from the staff.

"Yah, Kang Seulgi, wait for me!!" I heard Irene shout. I smirked and continued walking.

After getting our tickets, we immediately got inside since the line wasn't long. As we stepped in, I instantly saw the horror maze.

"Let's try that one." I pointed at the horror maze.

"What?! You know that I don't like things like that." Irene said.

"Yup, well you don't need to worry, I'm right here. I won't leave your side while we're inside."

"Promise?" Irene raised her pinky finger.

"Promise." I intertwined my pinky finger on hers.

We stepped inside the horror maze and it was darker than I expected. Since it was still early in the afternoon, I expected the horror maze to be quite bright. I felt Irene linked her arm on mine as we kept on walking inside the maze.