Chapter 12

Seulgi's P.O.V.

After that last eventful trip to the grocery, finally, we were now back home. Irene immediately went to the bedroom to rest while I, on the other hand, went to the kitchen to prepare the dish that I am going to cook. I put the ingredients that we bought on the counter top in order to prepare it for cooking. Before I began, I went to the bedroom to check on Irene.

"Joohyun-ah, are you tired? Do you want something to eat?" I asked Irene as I sat on the bed. Irene nodded her head.

"Well you go rest here while I prepare and make the sujebi." I got up and headed my way towards the kitchen but then I stopped in my tracks when I heard Irene call me.

"Yah Kang Seulgi, you said that you are going to make sujebi, right? Are you sure that that's a good idea? You know that your cooking is not tha--"

"Don't worry, I promise to make this sujebi taste good. This is the first dish that I am going to cook for you as your husband so I'll try to make it taste better." I smiled widely. Irene did the same.

"Okay, if you say so."

"Yah, rest here okay? I'll call you when I'm done cooking. I know that you're tired from grocery shopping so you need to rest. Old people tend to get tired easily so stay here." I giggled. Irene looked at me with wide eyes.

"YAHHHH WHAT DID YOU SAY?!?!" She shouted and then she threw a pillow at me.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry. But seriously, stay here and rest." I proceeded to the kitchen to start cooking.

I checked all the ingredients that we bought to know if something's missing. Thankfully, we bought all the things that I need. I chose an easy-to-make sujebi so that I won't get a hard time cooking. I looked at the box and started to do the instructions that were stated. First, I opened the sujebi powder and put it on a bowl. I then added water and started mixing it to form a dough. As I was starting to knead the dough, I felt someone behind me.

"You're already starting and you didn't even thought of tying your hair?" Irene was now behind me and she began tying my hair.

"Ohhh right, thank you." I stopped what I was doing to look at Irene.

"What are you doing here? I told you to rest."

"I got bored so I came to watch you cook. Besides, I'm fine now. I'm not tired anymore." Irene said.

"Ohhh you came to watch me cook? How about try cooking by yourself? You can help me knead the dough while I prepare the other ingredients." I replied.

"Sure, kneading a dough won't be hard right?" I smiled and let her prepare herself to cook. She wore some gloves so that she can start kneading the dough.

I started cutting some potatoes, red hot chili pepper, some green pumpkins, and shiitake mushrooms. I then prepared the broth in order for it to boil on time.

"Is this thick enough?" Irene asked me, showing me the dough.

"Hmmm, let me see." I held the bowl and pressed the dough to check its texture.

"Not yet. It's not thick enough. Try kneading it a little longer." I went on with what I was doing until I heard Irene groaning. I looked at her direction and saw her having a hard time with the dough.

"Yah, don't stress yourself just because of a dough. It's really easy, you're just not doing it the right way."

"Well then, teach me how to do it properly." I went behind Irene and held on her hands to guide her how to knead the dough.

*We Got Married Family (MCs)*

"Ohhhh this is like a scene from a movie."

"It's really natural for them to hold each other's hand."