Chapter 4

Flashback (10 minutes ago)

Irene's P.O.V.

Since my 'husband' is still nowhere to be found, I decided to hide. Before reaching the middle part of the trail, there was a small cottage-like place near it so I decided to hide there. After a few minutes, I heard someone walking.

I kept on trying to contain my laughter 'cause it seems like the staff already left my partner on the trail all by himself. I stopped laughing when my partner said something.

"YAHHH WHOEVER YOU ARE, I'M RIGHT HERE!! I'M YOUR PARTNER!!! SORRY FOR MAKING YOU WAIT SO LONG!!"

Omo, that voice sounds familiar. I peeked to check who it was and I was right, it was Seulgi.

I didn't know what to feel when I saw her. I don't know whether I should be happy since it was her or if I should be confused since Seulgi is a girl and she can't be my husband. All thoughts aside, I went on with my plan.

I slowly went behind her and whispered something that I know will probably shock her.

"Seulgi-ssi."

***

Seulgi's P.O.V.

I was shocked hearing my partner whisper that to me. Before turning around to look at whoever owns that voice, I recognized it from somewhere. It remembered me of something really important to me or someone whom I really care for.

Because of the unexpected person whispering on my ear, I shouted and turned around. The other person shouted too and she almost fell on the bridge. My hands being as fast as a lightning, I immediately caught her.

As I looked at the person I am holding, I saw Irene unnie. I knew that voice sounded familiar.

Our eyes were both wide when we saw each other. After a few minutes later, I then let her go slowly until she regained her posture.

"Unnie, what are you doing here? Are you waiting for your partner too?" I asked, surprised to see her.

"Yes, I think I am. Are you part of this show too?" Irene unnie said.

"Umm yeahh, wow, I haven't thought that we'd be together in this show." I said while chuckling nervously.

We stood there awkwardly as I try to wait for my partner. I kept on looking on my phone to see what time is it and Irene noticed it.

"Seulgi? Are you still waiting for you 'husband'? She said while air quoting the word 'husband'.

"Umm yeah, are you?" I said.

"Seulgi, I think your partner's not coming." Irene unnie said while fidgeting her fingers, a mannerism that she does whenever she is nervous.

"Why not?" I asked her.

"'Cause I think that she's already here."

I was shocked even more when Irene unnie said that. I immediately looked at her in disbelief.

"Are you s-saying th-that you're my h-husband?" I asked stuttering.

Irene smiled nervously and said, "Not exactly, I think that I am your wife."

I almost fainted when I heard those words from her, but being the innocent bear I am, I asked her, "How could you be sure of that? Have you asked the staff about it?"

"I guess you're right. I think we should go ask them." Irene unnie said while looking for the staff.

(A/N: I'll just write the MCs' comments in bold so that you won't get confused)