MARINETTE

It was time for the Kitty Section practice and Marinette was on her way to Liberty. She wondered if Adrien will be at today's practice. He was a guest member of the band which meant he played sometimes, mostly because his father would not let him come to the practices and concerts.

Kitty Section had this huge gig coming up, about which Luka had recently told Marinette. They were throwing a concert near Liberty and they will post a video of it on the internet for a competition. If they win, they will be given a chance to perform with the stupid XY and his evil father, Bob Roth. They didn't like the idea but it was the best they had, Jagged Stone still seemes far. They had talked to Nino to record the video and Alya will manage it once it goes on the internet. Marinette already had some design plans for their costumes, and she would soon start making them. Most of her friends are involved in this gig somehow, and the rest will come to see the concert, Marinette planned on bringing her parents too.

Marinette hummed along the way to Liberty and finally reached there. Nino, Alya, Juleka, Ivan and Rose were already there. Luka was nowhere to be seen.

"Marinette!" Her friends saw her and gathered around her, happily.

"Hey guys. Where is Luka?" She asked/

"Oh you mean, your boyfriend?" The girls giggled.

Marinette blushed. She had told her friends about dating Luka today at school and they all seemed pretty happy, however, Alya seemed skeptical but finally accepted the fact that she has moved on from Adrien now.

"Luka is on his way to buy something for mom, "Juleka said, "he'll be back in a few minutes."

"Oh, okay. Till that time, I can show you the costume concepts for the concert!" She said excitedly.

"Yes!" "I'd like that!" 

***

A few minutes later, the door opened and Luka came in with Adrien and Kagami behind him. Marinette looked around the room and found out that no one had expected this but they all smiled and welcomed them. Marinette was simply happy to see them here. Kagami used to be her kinda rival when it came to Adrien, but now she considered Kagami as a friend. They had even bonded a lot over the past few weeks.

"So, what are we gonna do first?" Ivan asked.

Luka looked up confidently and began speaking, "Alright folks... We have a concert coming up and we need to practice our best song for it. We are going to make a video of the concert and post it on the internet with Alya's and Nino's help."

Alya nodded, Nino showed finger guns and Juleka said, "We know that, what do we do right now?"

"We practice."

So, Ivan Luka, Juleka, Adrien, and Rose set up their instruments and started practicing. Kagami came and sat next to Marinette, who was sketching costume designs and stealing glances of Luka. 

"Hello, Marinette." She said.

"Hi Kagami. Glad you could find time for coming here today."

"Well, technically, Adrien and I are at fencing class right now," she smiled slightly, "Your boyfriend, Luka saw us trying to sneak out and asked us if we wanted to come. We said yes. I really wanted to see Adrien perform his piano, he is amazing, isn't he?"

"Hmm, yes..." Marinette said, looking at Luka and suddenly realising that Kagami was talking about Adrien, "Yes, he is great too!"

Kagami glanced at Marinette on the word too, but Marinette smiled sheepishly. 

She saw Luka and Juleka playing their guitars, Rose singing loudly on the mic, Adrien playing the piano and Ivan drumming. Nino was basically directing the band's positions, so that everyone is visible in the video and Alya was helping him out, looking t Marinette and nodding at Luka from time to time. Marinette was glad she had her friends and they were having a good time. She purely dreaded another akuma attack. She knew that if she goes, Luka would come up with a reasonable excuse for her but she didn't want to ruin her good time with her friends.

After practicing for sometime, the group took a break and started munching down the snacks which Luka brought. Luka came and sat next to Marinette and said, "Its okay that I brought Kagami, right?"

"Of course it is," Marinette said, Looking at Kagami who put her arm around Adrien's. Adrien slightly flinched but smiled hesitantly.

"Wanna check out some designs I made?" She asked Luka, who was looking at her affectionately.

"Sure, although I know those must be great because you drew them."

Marinette blushed, yet again. There was something about Luka which made her flush out of her mind everytime he said something. It didn't matter if he was complimenting or not, she just knew she would evaporate if Luka looks her directly into the eyes.

***

It was time for everyone to to go now. Kagami and Adrien were in a hurry, they had to reach back before their parents found out they were not fencing. Ivan started to leave too. Rose and Juleka planned on going somewhere together. This gave Marinette enough time to give Luka a small pep-talk about meeting her parents in about half an hour.

"Just be yourself," She told him, "they will love you. They did, they just don't remember it now. Talk about the band, don't talk about Adrien and Cat Noir, that could get weird. And you know what? Invite them to the concert!"

"Okay, Marinette. Now please, breathe." Luka said.

Marinette huffed and continued, "Maybe we can drop in the story of how we first met?"

"Sure, Ma-Ma-Marinette." Luka laughed.

Marinette laughed too, remembering her fist meeting with Luka, when she had gotten so distracted by Luka doing meditation,she had given him the stammered version of her name.

"So, its about time." Luka said after he had had a good laugh.

"Yes. Lets go and if we're early you might get to see what kind of video game lovers my parents are!"

***

981 words of this chapter... this has to be the longest one yet. Yesterday, I published in the middle of the night and today its almost 1 so I can't write anymore now, its sleep time!

Until next time, Miraculours. Bug out!

-InfiniTAE 💜