ADRIEN

Okay! So Viperion, aka Luka knows who Cat Noir is... That's bad, but right now he needed to focus on his fight with Volpina, aka Lila. Viperion was behind the behind the tank. Luckily, this time, he had something to feed Sass.

In a few minutes, Viperion came back.

"This is unfair! You are two and I am one!" Volpina said, "Hawk Moth, I need a power up!"

Cat Noir obviously could not see what Hawk Moth did, but within a few moments, there was a flash of light and Volpina was floating in mid-air, and ugly, scarlet wings were sprouting from her back.

"What the-" Cat Noir heard Viperion whisper.

"Now you see what I do, Hawk Moth! Ready to face your worst fear, heroes?" Then Volpina laughed and began to play her flute.

Cat Noir knew what his worst fear was...

He began seeing Visions in his mind. Maybe this was a part of the power-up Hawk Moth gave Volpina.

He was standing in a dark room and out of the shadows, emerged Ladybug.

"Mi'lady-" Cat Noir began.

"Don't call me that! I hate you! You are nothing but a lousy cat who destroys everything. You will never be as good as the guy I like!

"No!" Cat Noir yelled.

"You are a stupid cat! I don't ever want to see you again, get lost! Go away!"

Go away?

Some part of Cat Noir's brain was aware of the fact that this was not real, it was like a mirage in his mind. Cat Noir tried to remind himself of this.

"Go away! You have go away from this mirage! C'mon, you're the best, you're the best..." Cat Noir shut his eyes and when he opened them again, he was back on the Eiffel Tower and Volpina was laughing like a maniac. Cat Noir was out of the trance and Volpina did not know this.

Cat Noir looked at Viperion, his hands were clasped tightly on hid ears and he was yelling something like, "No, my music? I can't- I am sorry..." He was sobbing, "I am sorry... Please-" So Viperion was seeing something about music and he was apologizing to someone. He was crying like a child, he looked so hurt and broken.

Just then, Cat Noir's eyes fell upon Viperion's lyre.

"If I can play that... But will still have the same effect when I play it? I am not sure..."

He decided not to take any chance and dropped the lyre idea.

"Viperion! Viperion?!"

Viperion was not responding and Volpina noticed that Cat Noir was out of his trance.

"Don't call him and waste you time, Cat Noir, he will not listen. Apparently, your will power is stronger than his. You know, I can see what you are seeing, and now I know who Viperion is but his identity isn't worth knowing, I am after yours... Too bad your worst fear doesn't reveal it. But after finishing Viperion, getting your miraculous will be easier!"

"Viperion!" Cat Noir was yelling again and again but Viperion was seeing something very horrible and tears were trickling down his eyes. Cat Noir got up and started to shake Viperion.

"It's just a mirage! ITS NOT REAL!" He thought of something really stupid, "I am sorry I'm doing this..." And then he slapped Viperion.

Viperion opened his deep blue eyes which were red and puffy,

"Viperion, its not real!"

"Huh?"

"Yes Hawk Moth, I just like some drama..." Volpina said and attacked Viperion and Cat Noir. They defended themselves. Cat Noir understood that although Viperion still didn't completely understand everything, he defended himself by instinct. He still looked dazed.

"Its almost time for Ladybug to return... Where is she?!" Viperion said.

"Oh no! They are back!" Volpina said and pointed behind them. They turned around and saw Marinette standing on the railing of the floor they were on. She had a scared and weird expression on her face.

"Save me!" She begged.

***

Hello there! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I just wanted to inform you a couple of things. As I have said, I have my exams going on, so I couldn't upload this chapter on the right time, and I am late. I am literally sitting in my revision class and writing this. As soon as my exams end, I will upload a chapter about 3 days a week, so you will get three chapters in one week. I have taken a target to complete this story before this month ends. Secondly, I don't know if you noticed but Volpina's scarlet wings are a nod to Scarlet Moth. Whenever he gets a power-up from Catalyst, he becomes Scarlet Moth, so when Volpina got a power up from Hawk Moth, she became Volpina with scarlet wings... I guess thats all.

Until next time, Miraculours. Bug Out!

-InfiniTAE 💜