MARINETTE

Marinette watched in misery as Luka collapsed to the ground, his eyes were open but he didn't seem like himself.

"What have you done to him?!" Marinette yelled at Dream Crusher.

"Some things he will say, which he won't be able to un-say and you won't be able to un-hear. He will spill the deepest, darkest corners of his heart, Marinette! I will drive you two apart!"

"I thought you liked Adrien!"

"I hate you more," Then she leaped at Marinette and Marinette shut her eyes. But when she opened them, Chat Noir was blocking the villain.

"Marinette! Take your parents inside and I will take you to someplace safe when Ladybug comes! Go!" 

Marinette looked at Luka who was still on the ground but rushed her parents inside.

"Please, stay here!"

"But Marinette! You cannot go outside!" He father warned her.

"Cat Noir will take care of me, plus, there's Luka outside. Hurt. I have to get to him."

"Marinette-"

"Please."

Her parents hesitated but then spoke, "Please take care, and it was very brave of Luka to take that attack to save you."

Marinette nodded and rushed outside. She had no way of telling Cat Noir that Ladybug won't be able to come unless she is left alone. Marinette was half-way outside when she heard an angry yell from Luka, "Where is Marinette?!"

"Whoa, Luka calm-"

"Shut up! You think of me as your side-kick, Cat Noir but I am better than you."

Just then, Marinette reached outside and was simply horrified when she saw Luka with an outraged expression and bright pink eyes.

"Luka?" Marinette took his name softly while Cat Noir fought Dream Crusher.

"Marinette. I cannot believe I loved you, you are a liar!"

Marinette was stunned but un-froze when she heard Cat Noir yell, "Where is Ladybug?"

"I was your second choice, Marinette! You back-up plan! You never loved me, you just wanted to get back at Ad-"

"Luka!" Marinette yelled his name.

Then, Luka's face calmed. But it calmed too much. He walked towards her in an extremely calm and maintained posture, and whispered, "I know your secrets." Marinette gasped but Luka continued and said something which just made her sob, "but I am not cheap. I was your back-up, your plan B, but I will not disgrace myself by spilling your secret. I will just hate you from my heart."

She wanted to tell him to spill her secret, but she could not take his hatred. She wanted to tell him that he was no back-up, he was her right choice. But she had no words and time. Cat Noir yelled again, "Marinette come with me!" He grabbed her and hauled her along, defending himself from the attacks made by Dream Crusher.

He took her at a safe place, behind some building and noticed that she was on the edge of crying.

"Marinette, please don't cry. Luka obviously didn't mean that. He loves you."

Marinette wanted to believe him but after everything she had been through, she had to admit that she had liked Luka after Adrien. She felt guilty and wanted to apologize to Luka. But she was Ladybug, she held herself and said, "Cat Noir, please go and save Luka and the city. Ladybug must be on her way. Stop her from spreading havoc through the city."'