NINE.

༻✧༺

༻✧༺

''Do you believe in love at first sight?'' Kuroo asked you as he tapped his thumb on the steering wheel, keeping his eyes on the road. You sat next to Kuroo in his car, which he apparently had a license for. You squint your eyes, thinking his sudden question was ridiculous.

''Huh? What are you talking about?''

''Do you?''

''Well, I don't know,'' you sigh, ''I've never experienced it myself, have you?''

''Yes,'' he admitted, grinning to himself, knowing you'd get curious. But you didn't. You just hummed, ''I hope it worked out for both of you, did it?'' you smile at him. You knew he wanted you to get curious, but you didn't want to give in to his jokes.

''It didn't, yet'' he licked his bottom lip as he looked at you for a second before focusing on the road again. You furrowed your brows, was he talking about you? You shook your head, trying to get rid of the thoughts flooding your mind. There was no way Kuroo actually has a crush on you. You would've noticed, right?

''Where are we going?'' you ask Kuroo, who hadn't said anything anymore. You knew both of you were going to get breakfast but wasn't sure if that was going to be it. You assumed Kuroo wanted to spend this day with you but weren't completely sure.

''A restaurant.''

''And after that? Will we do anything after that?''

''Oh, you want to spend more time with me?''

''Shut up! I thought you might want to spend more time with me!'' you groan, clicking your tongue and rolling your eyes. Kuroo laughed and you sighed as you watched him park the car. Both of you got out and you looked around, noticing you were at the mall close to your house.

''We're at the mall?''

''Yes,'' he nodded and walked over to you. His grin only got bigger the closer he came to you. You knit your brows together, not understanding why he was grinning again until you felt him take your hand in his. He intertwined your fingers and your cheeks flushed a deep shade of red.

''W-What are you doing?!'' you stuttered, you tried to move your hand out of his grip, but failed. He bent over a little, his mouth close to your ear now.

''Come on, we're on a date,'' he whispered and you could almost feel butterflies go crazy in your stomach. You softly punched his arm with your free hand as you gulped. ''You're so weird,'' you mutter, gaining a deep chuckle from Kuroo.

Both of you walked through the mall, hand in hand. You felt a little uncomfortable, considering the both of you weren't dating and it looked like you were. Everyone would probably think you two are dating, when in fact you weren't. You bit your bottom lip as you quietly walked next to Kuroo.

''Oho? Are you shy again?'' he said as he moved in front of you and pulled you closer to him. Your entire face now flushed red and you swallowed thickly. You two stood in the middle of the mall, people walking by you and some were even staring. Your face was now only a few inches away from Kuroo's and you started to think back to the kiss you shared the other day. You remember his soft, warm lips on yours and almost started to crave that feeling again. The feeling of the warmth he gave you back then and the funny feeling you felt in your tummy when he pressed his lips on yours.

Kuroo seemed to notice and leaned in, a grin on his face. You closed your eyes, realising what he was doing. You wanted him to kiss you again, but you were too afraid to make the move yourself. What if he thinks you're weird and rejects the kiss? So, instead of taking matters in your own hands you just waited for him to make the move. You slightly puckered up your lips as you felt Kuroo's breath on your lips.

You stood there, waiting for him to kiss you until you heard a loud laugh coming from the boy in front of you. Your eyes shoot open, realising he had taken a step back and let go of your hand. Shame filled your body and you felt yourself heat up because of the embarrassment.

''Why would you do that you ass!'' you mumble, hiding your face with your hands. You didn't want him to see your now blood red face. It would only make him laugh more.

''I'm sorry,'' he snickered, thinking the situation was very hilarious. He wiped away a tear because of his laughter and you furrowed your brows, watching him through your fingers. He took a step towards you, resting both of his hands on your lower back. You let your arms fall to the side of your body, revealing your face to Kuroo. His eyes soften as he saw the embarrassed look on your face.

''I'm sorry. I shouldn't tease you so much, shorty,'' he grinned and you clicked your tongue. ''Well, you keep doing it, giant,'' you roll your eyes as you heard him call you that annoying nickname again. it wasn't your fault that you were short, it's his fault for being a giant.

''So, you wanted a kiss, huh?'' he whispered as he began to lean in again. You squint your eyes, not sure if he actually wanted to kiss you this time or not. You only closed your eyes because you felt the familiar feeling go crazy in your stomach, like butterflies. You felt his lips on yours and you moved your hands to his arms, feeling his muscles through his sweater.

Your lips moved in sync and you didn't care about the other people in the mall anymore. You would always hate on the couples who would make out in public as it would always make you cringe. You smiled into the kiss, realising you were now one of the people you would always think are annoying. Kuroo broke the kiss and raised his eyebrow.

''Can we get food now?'' you giggle.