TWENTY THREE.

༻✧༺

༻✧༺

''Go away,'' you said, your tone of voice hinting your anger and you almost sounded threatening. ''Go. Away.'' Your heart rate started to increase and you could feel your body heat up, your balled fists were trembling out of anger and you tried your best to control your body and stop yourself from showing it too much. The two girls gave you a disgusted look as if you were the one doing something wrong.

This time it wasn't even their fault, it was no one's fault but Kuroo's. He's the one who lied.

''Seriously, fuck off,'' you sneered, looking up at the two girls and your eyes bore into theirs. They were on fire, so much anger shown in them it caught the two off guard. You just wanted them to leave, you wanted them to leave you alone as they seemed to get off to starting problems between you and Kuroo. ''Let's go, Misaki,'' Yui said, grabbing Misaki's hand and quickly walking away with her. She knew that if she was going to stay any longer it would cause a scene, and she simply didn't want your tantrum to ruin her reputation at school.

''Shorty... I-''

''Don't call me that, Kuroo!'' you snapped, your eyes showing a frown of pure anger, nothing but anger. ''Don't act like nothing is going on. Why did you lie to me? Why did you have to lie to me?'' You hated lying. You absolutely despised it and you found it revolting Kuroo did that so soon in your friendship, relationship even. You couldn't understand it. The truth was going to come out one way or another, sooner or later. You can't run away from the truth, it will always come after you no matter how hard you try to avoid it.

''I was trying to start a conversation. I needed something to talk about.''

''So you decided to lie to me?''

''I didn't... mean to.'' He scratched the back of his head, his face showed genuine guilt and you couldn't help but scowl at him. You crossed your arms in front of your chest and avoided eye contact, you just didn't want to look him in the eye.

''Aren't you mister smooth? Aren't you the 'oh so charming Kuroo'? Was that really all you got? A fucking lie to get me to talk to you? You have half of this school walking after you, wanting to talk to you and you have no problem starting conversations with them. Why'd you have to lie to me?''

''You're different, Y/N.''

''God, don't give me that bullshit!''

He didn't say a word, he couldn't talk himself out of this. He lied to you and he had to own up to it, he had to take responsibility and apologise to you. ''I'm sorry, Y/N,'' he tried, but you didn't believe it. With your arms crossed in front of your chest and a clenched jaw, you stared at the ground, seeling your lips as you were thinking about the situation.