FOURTEEN.

༻✧༺

༻✧༺

''Please promise me you won't do or say anything weird,'' you tell Kuroo as you stand in front of your house with him standing next to you, his hands stuffed into his pockets. He hummed, pretending to agree with your request.

''Who do you think I look like?'' he glares at you, ''I can be serious, you know.''

''Aha...'' you narrow your eyes at him, having a hard time believing him. Kuroo's personality was charming and he tended to be very flirty. It wouldn't surprise you if he tried to make your mom believe the two of you are dating already. He would probably flirt in front of her.

You took a deep breath before unlocking your front door with your keys, stepping inside of your home with Kuroo following behind. You took off your coat and took Kuroo's as well, hanging it on the coatrack that was in the hallway. You mentally prepared yourself for what was about to come. It wasn't going to ve too bad, but your mom had a habit of embarrassing yourself in front of people.

She didn't realise she was doing it most of the time, she was just trying to be sweet. She's one of those mom's who will show your boyfriend your embarrassing baby pictures and you weren't excited for it. ''My father might come off as a little rude, don't take it too personal,'' you whisper as you enter your living room.

''Y/N!'' your mom cheerfully said, running out of the kitchen with her apron filthy of flour. She wrapped her arms around you, embracing you into a loving hug before planting about a million kisses on top of your head.

''Come on, Aki. That's enough. Let the girl breathe,'' your father's deep voice echoed through the room, ''who is this?'' he said, meaning Kuroo. ''Ah, my name is Kuroo, sir. It's a pleasure to meet you,'' he formally said, bowing to your father, who quirked his brow.

''Are you Y/N's friend?''

''I—''

''YES!'' you yelled, pushing your mother away gently, ''he's my friend. Nothing more. Just a friend.'' Kuroo raised his brows as he glared at you for a second before looking back at your father. Your father held a sports magazine in his hands and didn't pay much attention to the boy who stood next to his chair.

''What is it, kid,'' he said and his tone made his irritation clear, which Kuroo noticed. ''Japan's national volleyball team?'' he quirked his brows, crossing his arms in front of his chest. He looked at you for a second before looking back at your father.

''Yes, kid,'' your father spoke in a dire voice, ''I've adored volleyball for as long as I can remember. I've played too, you know, back in the days when I was in shape.'' Your father looked up from his magazine and met Kuroo's eyes. ''I has the position of setter and I was quite a good one if I say so myself,'' he said haughtily.

''Is that so, sir?'' Kuroo smirked, ''popular at your school, I assume?''

''Without a doubt, kiddo!'' your father smiled from ear to ear, ''What about you ... what was your name again, kid? Do you play any sports?''

''Kuroo, sir. I'm in the volleyball team at school, the captain to be exact,'' Kuroo's grin grew more obvious and your father quirked his raised his brows and squinted his eyes. ''If it's okay with Y/N, I would love to invite you to one of the upcoming matches. Might be fun to bring back some old memories, you know, taste the nostalgia.''

You could almost see your father's eyes twinkle in excitement as he looked at me, ''Y/N. Why don't you get your father and your friend a nice cup of tea?'' you raised your brows, realising your father had actually taken a liking for Kuroo, which made you feel happy. You nodded and stopped paying attention to them, letting them talk about volleyball without you eavesdropping.

''Y/N?'' your mom's soft voice called out your name and you turn around as you start heating up some water. ''Yes?'' you answer her and she steps forward with a soft smile on her face. ''Is he your boyfriend?'' your face quickly reddens and you shake your head from side to side as if being asked such a thing was something out of the question.

''He's very handsome and your dad likes him.''

''That doesn't mean I have to date him.''

''No, that's right,'' your mom sighs, glancing over at your father and Kuroo who are still speaking excitedly to each other and her smile gets bigger hearing snippets of the conversation. ''You never bring anyone home. Why him?''

''Because we're going to a party and I wanted to change clothes, he insisted on coming along,'' you scratch the back of your head as you avoid eye contact with your mother. Here comes the teasing.

''Going to a party with a boy? That sounds more like he's bringing you with him as his date.''

''Mom!'' you whine, ''you realise a boy and a girl can go to a party together as friends, right?''

''The way he looks at you shows something different from what you're telling me, young lady.''

''We've been here for a few minutes, what are you talking about?''

''You know what I mean,'' she said, ignoring your confusion and shaking her head, wearing a sneaky smile on her face. ''No, I actually don't,'' you exhale loudly before pouring in some hot tea into two mugs, handing them over to your dad and Kuroo.

''Well, I'm going to change clothes and slap some makeup on my face. I'll be back soon,'' you say, placing your hand on your hip. Kuroo winks at you and you quickly face away from him, a blush rapidly forming onto your cheeks and you didn't want your parents to notice.

''Kuroo, join us for dinner!'' you hear your father almost yell.

༻✦༺

''Well, that wasn't so bad, was it?'' Kuroo laughed as the two of you walked outside on the dark streets. Kuroo had joined you for dinner, which was awkward because your mom kept winking at you whenever you and Kuroo made eye contact. After almost leaving too late, you both were finally on your way to Yui's house.

''It wasn't bad, but it was awkward,'' you sigh.

''Your dad's a good one. I like him,'' Kuroo admits and you couldn't help but smile at his words. ''He likes you too. Feel special, he used to get annoyed at every person I took home to hang out with,'' you giggle and nudge his arm softly.

He hummed and placed his hand on your shoulder, preventing you from walking any further. ''What?'' you whisper as you lock eyes with Kuroo, who's smirk is lit up by the streetlamps. ''Let's have some fun at this party, baby,'' he whispers as he leans in and kisses you softly on your lips.