TWELVE.

༻✧༺

༻✧༺

''Ah, I'm so full,'' you whine as you pat your tummy out of habit. Kuroo just chuckles, calling over the flirty waitress by holding up one hand. It seemed to have caught her attention very quick because she came over the second Kuroo held up his hand. You chuckle watching Kuroo frown, also a little caught off guard by the woman.

She comes back with the receipt, which seemed to be very long, even though you hadn't even ordered that much. Of course, you didn't, you weren't going to pay any more than necessary to a place that almost robbed your wallet. Yes, even though Kuroo paid for it all. It made you even warier of the amount of money you were going to let him spend on you.

''Oho?'' he tilted his head, reading the receipt. You frowned as your eyes shifted to the woman who walked away with a big grin on her face. You watched her lick her bottom lip whilst winking at Kuroo, who simply quirked his brows unimpressed.

''She wrote her phone number down, didn't she?''

''Yes, shorty,'' he admitted, ''guess I'll have to give her a call later, huh?''

''Sure, whatever. Do whatever makes you feel happy, Kuroo,'' you rolled your eyes playfully and stood up. Kuroo went to pay and you waited just outside the restaurant. You scrolled through your socials thoughtlessly until you felt someone tapping your shoulder. You looked up from your phone and met the waitress' eyes.

''Hi?''

''Hey, my name is Aki,'' she smiled and you looked at her hand, which she held out to shake yours. You gave her the handshake she wanted and introduced yourself too, thinking it was the correct thing to do. You didn't like the type of person she is— although you don't know a thing about her. It was just a gut feeling. But you weren't going to leave her hanging and make the situation any more awkward than it already is.

''So, who's the guy you're with?''

''Huh? Oh, he's my uh,'' you mumbled, not sure what to say. Kuroo was your friend, but she obviously had her eyes set on him. You didn't care much, Kuroo was just a friend. For now, if he wins the bet. And you were lying to yourself if you said you don't like the idea of the bet. Kuroo made you feel good and you quickly felt comfortable around him, so, the idea of dating him wasn't something that made you gag. You could actually see yourself falling in love with him eventually.

''What? He's your what?'' she asked, laughing nervously as she tilted her head slightly.

''Oh, we're just friends,'' you nod before clearing your throat. You thought of saying he's your boyfriend, but imagine if he found out. He would probably tease you and say you're jealous or something and besides that, you would've called him your boyfriend. And you weren't dating. So that would be weird.

''That's good. Great,'' she smiled and was about to walk away, but got distracted by Kuroo walking towards you, hands stuffed into his pockets. Kuroo though didn't pay any attention to her and just started walking away from the restaurant. You met her gaze and she held her hand against her air before pointing at Kuroo. ''Tell him to call me!'' she whispered loud enough for you to hear and you smiled weakly before catching up to Kuroo.

''What was all that about?'' he snorted as he still held the receipt in his hand. You scrunched your nose and scratched the back of your head, ''she asked me if we're dating. At least I think that's what she really wanted to ask me.''

''And what was your answer?''

''No, obviously.''

''Ha. Such a pity.''

''Whatever. Are you seriously going to call her?'' you asked him, hoping for an answer that would make you feel elated. He simply shrugged his shoulders, clearing his throat and said, coolly; ''I might.''

You rolled your eyes and decided to just ignore him. The bet was just a fun little game to him, apparently, if he also wants to hook up with other girls. What you couldn't see, well, didn't notice was Kuroo sneakily throwing the receipt away in the nearest random trashcan. Throwing the girl's number away like it meant nothing to him because it didn't. His eyes were on you and you only, but he didn't want it to make it too obvious and make himself look desperate. Because in reality, he wasn't. He wanted to win the bet he made with Gin.

It is what he keeps telling himself; he is not interested in you, at all. He just wants to win the bet he made. A silly bet that would give him oceans of free time if he wins it. he couldn't fall in love with you, he tried his best not to enjoy the time he was spending with you too much. He has feelings too but makes excuses for his heartbeat increasing whenever he sees your face. It couldn't possibly be love. It can't be. Because if it is and Gin finds out, he'll have to say goodbye to volleyball and that is something he didn't want to happen.

Although what he was doing right now wasn't helping his case. You weren't the type to chase fuckboys, or chase boys in general. If someone doesn't show interest in you only, then what's the point? If you're looking for something serious, of course. Which you thought Kuroo meant. A serious relationship.

''So, what are we going to do now? You wanted to hang out with me, right?'' you asked him and he nodded, standing still and looking around himself. ''We can go here,'' he said, taking your hand in his and dragging you into a jewellery store.

''Yeah .... No,'' you pursed your lips, seeing all the jewellery and all of the prices. Again, everything is insanely expensive. Kuroo ignored you and the two of you walked around in the store for a few minutes until Kuroo pointed at a pretty necklace. It was silver and had a tiny little diamond-like charm hanging from it.

''It's very pretty...'' you admitted and Kuroo smirked at you, placing his hand on your lower back and kissing the top of your head. ''But I don't need it and it's too expensive anyway. I'm not going to let you spend more money on me,'' You took a step away from him and cracked a smile.

''Come on. See it as a thank you for being my tutor!''

''Damn, how many times are you going to thank me, Kuroo?''