TEN.

༻✧༺

༻✧༺

The both of you sit down in a small restaurant in the mall. The sound of glasses clinking and people talking filled the room and you smiled as you looked around yourself. The restaurant has a pretty interior and it was filled with people. 'Must be a popular place,' you think to yourself. You walked behind Kuroo, who tried his best to find an empty seat in the crowded place. He turned his head to face you, making sure you were still walking behind him. You smiled at him and he grinned, suddenly grabbing your hand and intertwining your fingers.

A blush crept onto your face again, you couldn't help it. Kuroo has his ways of making you feel shy and blush. It almost felt like you had a crush on him, but you didn't get feelings for people often. So you weren't sure if it were actual feelings for him, or you just enjoyed spending time with him. Or both, of course. Maybe it was both.

''Ladies first,'' Kuroo grinned as he held out his hand, signalling you could sit on the empty seat. You sat down on what was a very long, blue sofa, around four other people sat on it too. A little vase with a single rose was placed on every single table in the restaurant, giving it a romantic vibe.

''Thank you,'' you smiled at him and he smirked back. You took what looked like the menu out of a little wooden block with a split in it, so the card fits perfectly into it. You scanned the paper and looked at all of the prices.

''Well, you certainly chose an expensive restaurant, Kuroo,'' you inhaled deeply, seeing that a single sandwich was around 1.903,23 yen. You raised your brows as you read the other ridiculously high prices, ignoring what Kuroo was saying to you.

''What? A juice here is the same price as a sandwich! I don't know if I can afford that,'' you pouted, thinking of your job at the local grocery store. You've been working there for around a year and you could manage just fine. You didn't pay much stuff because you didn't want to make any unnecessary purchases. You didn't get paid much, which was also a reason why you didn't feel like spending much money.

So, a simple lunch costing you around 3.806,92 yen was a big no go. You bit your bottom lip, not really wanting to be honest to Kuroo and saying you rather eat somewhere else. Somewhere you could actually afford to pay for the food.

''It's on me,'' Kuroo smirked at you, raising one brow. You narrowed your eyes and knit your brows together before waving your hands in front of Kuroo's face.

''No! You are not going to spend this much money on me! Don't be silly,'' you whine and pout at him. You hate it when people spend money on you. And you didn't want Kuroo to spend this much money on your food. Kuroo tilts his head slightly and runs his hand through his bed hair before grinning at you.

''Come on, Y/N. It's my treat. See it as a thank you for teaching me about science.''

''Wasn't the kiss a thank you as well, though?''

''Ah— I'm a very nice person. Please, let me pay for you.''

''Alright, but let me pay you back later today'' you sigh as you finally give in and he throws his arms into the air, followed by a cute 'Yay!'. You giggle as you shake your head at him and take a deep breath, taking the menu card into your hands again. You were definitely going to pick the cheapest thing here.

After a minute of picking something to eat, the waitress stopped by to take your orders. You widen your eyes as you hadn't decided what to get yet, so naturally, you started to panic. You looked at Kuroo, who had a big smirk on his face. You moved your hand to your neck, shaking it in front of your skin as a signal to tell the waitress to leave and come back in about five minutes or so. Kuroo raised a brow and let out a soft chuckle.

''So, what would you like to order?'' the girl asked as she tuck a lock of her hair behind her air, giggling when she makes eye contact with Kuroo. You bite your bottom lip as you narrow your eyes at the girl, who licked her bottom lip. You had heard of waitresses flirting with their customers before and people saying it's ridiculous and the 'girlfriends' shouldn't overreact, but you felt a hint of jealousy entering your body.

''I'd like a grilled salted mackerel pike and a water,'' he said and made eye contact with the blonde girl next to him. You immediately noticed the small blush forming on her cheeks and you roll your eyes. You weren't the jealous type, but this just made you feel insanely awkward.

''A what?'' you hiss to Kuroo, now realising what he has said. You clear your throat, figuring out the girl might have heard you, ''I'd like an— uh ... omelette and a water as well, please'' you smiled at the girl, wanting to come off as nice but she just squinted her eyes at you. You heard Kuroo let out a laugh and a cough followed right after. Your eyes shifted to his face and narrowed your eyes at him, furrowing your brows. He has his hand on his mouth, obviously trying not to laugh out loud.

''Got it,'' she smiled at Kuroo again and winked before walking away. Your jaw slightly dropped as you knit your brows together, looking at the back of the girl and then at Kuroo. He chuckled lowly and you shook your head slowly.

''She was definitely flirting with you.''

''Was she?''

''Yes.''

''I didn't notice,'' he slyly said as he moved his body forward, narrowing the space in between the both of you. A grin was on his face and he tilted his head slowly before licking his bottom lip.

''Are you jealous?''