ELEVEN.

༻✧༺

༻✧༺

''No, why would I be? Or do you just want me to be jealous? Would you be jealous?'' you look at him, confused with a vague smile. His question fired back at him and his jaw slightly dropped, admiring how you were still trying to play hard to get. ''Or is she genuinely not interested in me?'' he thought to himself.

''I was just wondering, shorty. Considering your facial expressions when she flirted with me like you said.''

''Facial expressions? This is just the way my face looks like, Tetsurou. Get off your high horse,'' you half-joked. ''You didn't answer my question, though.''

''What question?''

''Would you be jealous if a random dude flirted with me? Would you?'' you asked him eagerly, leaning over on the table as you rested your body on your arms and stared into his eyes. He raised his brows, taking a while to answer.

''..... I wouldn't be.''

''Hahaha, sure!'' you puffed out your chest as you took a sip of the water the same waitress just put down on the table. While you were gulping down the liquid you gave Kuroo a sidelong glace, trying your best to read his expression. A small grin was on his face, probably enjoying the little banter.

''I wouldn't particularly be jealous,'' he admitted, ''I just simply wouldn't like it.'' The grin on his few grew bigger as he took his turn to lean his torso onto the table. He side-eyed you before leaning his head on his hand, peering into your eyes. He lifted a single brow as he watched the blush quickly spread on your face. You were caught off guard again, causing you to choke on the water.

''The hell—'' you coughed, covering your mouth with your elbow as you rested your hand on your chest, like that would help. ''I'm starting to think you like me, Kuroo.''

''Kuroo or Tetsurou, what's it going to be?'' he chuckled at your constant switching between his first and last name. You bit your bottom lip as you felt a little awkward now, realising you weren't sticking to one name.

''I have called him by his first name already, so, wouldn't it be strange if I would continue calling him by his last name now? If I say I rather call him by his last name and be more formal, he might think I don't want to be his friend anymore,'' you were having a whole conversation with yourself in your head at this point, not paying to Kuroo anymore who had started to munch on the food that was placed in front of him. You also hadn't noticed the food that was put in front of you, too busy with your thoughts as you played with your earring.

''Shorty,'' he hummed with his mouth full of food, covering his lips so you couldn't see anything. You shook your head, trying to get out of your mind and pay attention to the boy in front of you. ''Tell me, what is it going to be?''

''It's not a big—''

''Let's make a deal,'' he swallowed his food and grinned at you before taking a big gulp of the glass of water, which belonged to him. You tilt your head to the side, a big question mark almost popping up above you.

''A deal?''

''Yes,'' he licked his bottom lip before wiping his mouth with the napkin next to his plate, ''call me Kuroo for now, and once we start dating you can call me Tetsurou.''

''Haha ... what,'' you deadpan, your mouth as straight as a line as you really emphasised the 'haha'. He laughed loudly, shoving the last piece of his fish into his mouth. Your eyes slowly started to squint, waiting for him to elaborate on the bizarre deal he was trying to make.

''Call me Kuroo for now—''

''I heard you perfectly fine ... Kuroo. What do you mean when we start to date?!''

''Oho, shorty, you called me Kuroo! So, does that mean we can seal the deal?''

''I— I'm so confused,'' you shook your head whilst placing both your hands to the side of your face, ''so, you do have a crush on me?''

''Who knows.''

''You do!''

Kuroo stayed quiet for a second before bursting out into laughter, catching the attention of a few other people having breakfast at the fancy restaurant. He also got stared at by an older woman, around her 80's. If looks could kill, Kuroo would've dropped dead onto the ground right now. She raised her head into the air, making a 'snappy' humming noise. As if she felt like he wasn't supposed to make so much noise in a place that charged you an insanely amount of money on a single glass of water. Yes, you are still bothered by that.

''Alright, I bet I can make you fall in love with me and date me within a month,''

Kuroo grinned, putting one arm over the other as he waited for you to say something back, but you simply rolled your eyes. It wasn't like he didn't make you feel anything already. He has kissed you a few times now and whenever he did, you felt a weird feeling in your tummy. So, he was probably going to win this bet soon already.

''Whatever, fine,'' you shrugged your shoulders. It wouldn't hurt anybody if you fell in love with him and date him, right? Well, except for the girls who were swooning over him, but you didn't care about them.

''So? The bet is on?''

''It is,'' you laughed at him, seeing him reach out his hand to shake it, and you did so. This would probably mean you were going to spend a lot of time with him and you definitely didn't care.

It also meant Kuroo had two bets going on now.

You liked being around him and liked the way he made you feel. You rub your eyes since you didn't have any mascara or anything else on anyway so it was safe. You glanced at Kuroo, who nibbled on his bottom lip before pointing at your plate. You hadn't touched your food yet and it was probably cooled down by now.

He grinned, his eyes sparkling, ''you're going to finish that, right? This restaurant is way too expensive to not finish your food.''