FOUR.

༻✧༺

༻✧༺

It was the next day. You left Kenma's house after cursing at Kuroo while you tried your best to help him and him laughing like crazy. You were on your way to school, it was cold outside and your school uniform didn't give you much warmth. You had left your jacket at home, thinking it was warmer outside. You were walking as you scrolled through your phone until you were walking behind two people.

''And you see, Kenma, that's how it all started,'' you looked up from your phone as you realised who were walking in front of you.

''Shit!'' you cursed under your breath and stood still, wanting to create a big distance between you and them. You didn't feel like walking next to them because if Kuroo made one flirty comment, you would lose it. It was morning and you were not a morning person.

''Oho? It's shorty!'' the guy with the bedhead turned around to face you, Kenma turned his face slightly as well. ''Hey, Kuroo! Long-time no see!'' you replied friendly. A bit too friendly to say the least.

''Why didn't you say anything? Were you behind us for a long time?''

''Not sure, I was looking at my phone. And what's up with that nickname?'' you pouted whilst frowing as you showed your phone to him.

''Let's talk'' he said and swiftly took your phone out of your hand. Irritation built up inside of you and you tried to get your phone back. You hated it when people touched your phone. You jumped up as Kuroo was holding your phone above his head. He laughed at your attempt of trying to jump high enough to get your phone back.

''You'll get it back if you agree to be my science tutor,'' he smirked and you frowned your brows. You were not looking forward to teaching Kuroo about science again. Yesterday, it was like he never paid attention in class, it looked like he barely even knew what the word science meant.

''Fine!'' you finally gave in and snatched your phone out of his hand. He thanked you and the three of you continued to walk to school. Kuroo was grinning the entire way to school, talking to Kenma and you.

As you all arrived at school you saw Kuroo walk to Gin, the brown-haired guy. You looked at Kenma, who continued to walk into the school and you followed him. Kuroo put both his hands into his pockets as a smirk was on his face. He stood still in front of Gin who had one of his brows raised as he watched you and Kenma walk by.

''How's it going? I see the bet's going great'' Gin laughed and nodded his head, impressed.

''All I have to do is get her to her fall in love with me, huh?''

''Yep. Easy at that, but, break up with her of course''

''I forgot to ask, what will happen if I win the bet?'' Kuroo asked and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

''You choose. It will be your victory''

''Do my homework until finals'' Kuroo suggested and Gin inhaled deeply.

''Sure, that's fine. Don't forget you aren't allowed to fall in love with her as well, huh?''

''I won't. I told you''

''Kay, if I win'' Gin said and took a step towards Kuroo, who looked down at the smaller boy in front of him. Gin smirked to himself as he came up with the best thing he could think of if Kuroo loses the bet.

''If I win and Y/N either does not fall in love with you or you catch feelings for her, you will have to drop out of the volleyball team.''

Kuroo thought for a second and raised his brows. He knew he wasn't going to catch feelings for you, so there wasn't a reason to be afraid. But the small chance of not winning this bet made him feel nervous. Leaving the volleyball team was something he never thought of doing. He had too much fun with his teammates and Kenma, of course.

''Deal,'' Kuroo confidently said and shook Gin's hand, ''I know I am going to win anyway.''

''Sure, captain, we'll see'' Gin laughed and waved at Kuroo who sprinted away to go to his class. When he arrived at the classroom he peeked his head inside, only to see you were sitting next to... Kenma. He frowned his eyebrows as he met your gaze, you had one brow raised playfully at him.

''Kenma''

''What? She sat next to me, I didn't do anything''

''You did''

''I didn't''

''You did''

''I did-''

''Kuroo,'' the teacher who stepped inside the classroom said. He looked at his watch and raised his brows at the black-haired guy who was the only one standing up. The teacher cleared his throat and crossed his arms in front of his chest, ''Take a seat next to Gin. I see Y/N and Gin switched places, that's alright. But next time I'd prefer it if you sat next to Kuroo, Y/N''

You nodded at him and smirked at Kuroo who playfully grinned back at you. The class had started and you were finally able to work peacefully. Kenma didn't say much, but he was nice to be around. You had finished your work and stared outside as you watched the raindrops slowly hit the window. It had started raining and you cursed under your breath.

The sky had gotten dark and the rain started to get worse. You would get soaked without an umbrella, which you had forgotten of course. They had predicted rain today, but you didn't expect it to be raining already.

''Are you okay?'' Kenma whispered to you and you met his gaze.

''Yes,'' you smiled, ''just remembered I forgot my damn umbrella.''