THIRTEEN.

༻✧༺

༻✧༺

''No more gifts, please,'' you huff as you play with the little diamond-like charm that's attached to the necklace Kuroo has bought you, ''I don't want to sound unappreciative, but it makes me feel a little uncomfortable.''

''Oh come on, pretty girl.''

Your face quickly reddens after hearing Kuroo's new nickname for you and you bite your bottom lip harshly as you try your best to avoid eye contact with the tall guy next to you. You roll your eyes when you hear him chuckle next to you and softly punch his arm.

''Ow, ow! Have mercy!'' he jokes and you click your tongue before rolling your eyes blithely this time. He grabs your arm and pulls you close to him before planting a soft kiss onto your lips. When he pulls away- you stare into his cat-like eyes and you swear you could feel your heart skip a beat. You had heard about people almost being able to see the love in someone's eyes, but you yourself had never seen it before. The longer you kept eye contact with him the more you started to believe you could see him look at you with deep affection.

''Y/N? Kuroo?'' a girls voice calls out your names and the two of you turn around to face the girl who was speaking. ''Kaiya?'' you say and your eyes widen, a little surprised to see her here and you tilt your head a little.

''Oho, ponytail girl?'' Kuroo smirks as he crosses his arms in front of his chest before moving himself closer to you. Kaiya's hair was pulled into her usual ponytail with a little red bow holding her thick hair together. It wasn't a bad hairstyle, it looked very good on her actually.

''What are you two doing here ... eh, together?'' she tried to sound as kind as possible and you slightly frown your brows whilst you narrow your eyes at her.

''Oh, don't worry we're just—''

''On a date,'' Kuroo finishes your sentence with a big smirk on his face while your face turns as red as it possibly could get. Kaiya gives him a withering look, her feelings for Kuroo making it difficult to block out her jealousy.

''Ah, have fun then! Oh— are you two coming to the party this evening?'' she smiled at the two of you and you put your finger on your chin as you tried your best to remember some kind of invitation. ''Party? What party?'' Kuroo asks, asking the same thing you were asking yourself, it was like he read your mind.

''Mhm,'' she hums, putting both hands on her hips and puffing out her chest, ''Yui is throwing a party at her house. Apparently, her parents aren't home and the whole class is coming, along with some other friends.''

Kuroo peeked at you from the corner of his eyes, looking at you with a lopsided smirk before glancing back at Kaiya, ''sounds fun. What time are we supposed to be there?''

''We?!'' you quirk your brows and glance at him with a dropped jaw and widened eyes, ''who said I was coming with you, Kuroo?'' you half-jokingly say to him and gasp quietly as he wraps one arm around your shoulder, pulling you closer to him.

''Come on... I want to spend more time with you, pretty girl,'' he purrs into your ear and you swallow thickly. You weren't the biggest party animal, but it wasn't like you despised them. Maybe it would be nice to have a good time on a Saturday night instead of laying in your bed and watching anime all night. You enjoyed spending time with Kuroo, so this would only be a good thing, right?

''Fine,'' you huff and only now realise you don't even look remotely ready for a party, ''but I'll have to go home! I have to change and put some makeup on my face!'' you gasp and pull away from Kuroo's tight grip around your shoulders.

''I can come with you,'' Kuroo smirked. You thought for a second; your parents would be home and he would probably see your messy room that you hadn't felt like cleaning up for the past few days. Knowing your mom- she would probably tease you for a long time. Since you weren't the best at making friends, not a lot of people came over.

So a boy coming over, a handsome one at that and knowing Kuroo's flirty personality, she would probably think that the two of you are dating already. ''We can just meet up when I'm done?'' you suggested, but Kuroo wasn't satisfied with your answer. He plopped his bottom lip into a pout and looked at you with his intimidating cat-like eyes, which softened.

''Aaah!'' you groaned, holding the bridge of your nose in between your pointy finger and thumb before exhaling deeply, ''okay, you can come with. But don't cause a scene please ... please,'' you begged him, ''don't say or do anything weird or else I'll have to bear my mom's teasing for a long time!''

Kuroo started to laugh loudly, his hyena-like, but contagious laugh causing your lips to curl up a little. He wrapped his arms around his torso as he bent over a little, catching everyone's attention because of the volume of his laugh. You shook your head as you pursed your lips together, trying to look disappointed.

''I won't ... do anything weird— or inappropriate!'' he managed to say whilst still laughing and you inhaled deeply, already regretting your decision to let him come to your house. You eyed Kaiya, who's brows were slightly knit together as she watched Kuroo laughing like crazy.

''Well... I'll see you guys there, I guess. It starts at nine. Don't be too late though, Yui hates it when people don't show up right on time,'' she waved before walking away, quickly taking her phone out of her pocket and texting Yui about the two of you attending the party as well.

''Let's go meet your parents now,'' Kuroo smirked as he looked at you with a sidelong glance, enjoying teasing you a little too much. You squint your eyes before rolling them and crossing your arms in front of your chest, ''that's not what this is about! You're not coming to my house just to meet my parents.''

''Still, it sounds like fun.''

''Oh god,'' you groan, ''this was such a bad idea.''