TWENTY NINE.

༻✧༺

༻✧༺

Gin bickered with the coach for what felt like hours, but to no avail, he couldn't be captain of the volleyball team and that was that, no discussion would change his mind. Kuroo simply stared at them, feeling even worse now knowing he had done all of this for no reason at all, nothing had changed, there was no winner and all the bet had done was make people feel terrible.

''Whatever, man,'' Gin threw his arms up in the air before turning around and meeting Kuroo's eyes, ''looks like we've done this bet for nothing, buddy. Fucking sucks. Me winning gave me absolutely nothing, we should've blown it off before shit started happening.''

Kuroo exhaled with a sharp, amused sound, ''you're joking, right?''

''Yeah,'' said Gin with a melodramatic roll of his eye, ''of course. Anyway, since this can't be my prize, how about we come up with something else?''

The two guys shot daggers at each other as they stared into each other's eyes. Gin with a malicious smirk as Kuroo looked like he could rip Gin's head off, and wanted to. ''What do you want,'' Kuroo deadpanned, not adding a question mark to his question. He wanted to get this over with, he wanted to put this bet in the past and move forward, but he knew it was going to be difficult when Gin was around. Kuroo simply wanted to make things right, face the consequences of his actions and change himself for the better, but he couldn't if Gin wasn't going to let this bet go and Kuroo knew he wouldn't, not before he claimed some sort of prize.

''Y/N.''

''What?''

''I want her, dude!''

''You can't have her.''

''Oh, and why not? All you gotta do is say some bad things about yourself and I'm sure she will come running towards me.''

''I doubt it.''

''Care to try? Come on, give me at least something! The only interesting thing you have left is that pretty girl of yours. Care to share?'' Gin grinned, now putting his finger on his chin as he looked up at the ceiling of the gym, ''did you tell her anything about the bet?''

''I did. I told her the truth. Also told her about your participation.''

''Very well! What a good boy you are,'' Gin laughed, ''how about you tell her 'telling her the truth' was a part of the bet? You tell her that and then you say 'I don't love you'! do some fake crying and shit to make it more believable, how does that sound?'' Gin smirked and when he said 'telling her the truth' he did air quotations.

''Choose something else, Gin.''

''I don't want anything else, Kuroo.''

''Too bad, you're not getting her,'' Kuroo scrunched his nose as he turned around, leaving the gym with his hands tucked into his jeans. He was tired of Gin's messing around, however, he knew that there was some truth in what Gin was saying. If he couldn't steal volleyball from him, he wanted to steal something else that was precious to Kuroo. This bet was created to stir some drama, to hurt people and to steal things that made the other happy. Though, that wasn't how Kuroo had seen it at first, if he won, Gin would simply have to do his homework, that's all. Gin saw it as an opportunity to mess with Kuroo badly.