TWENTY FIVE.

༻✧༺

༻✧༺

Your phone buzzed and lit up as you got it out of your pocket. You squinted your eyes as you read the name of the person who texted you over and over again, not understanding why this person would text you since you had no kind of relation with them. Gin, one of the most popular guys at school suddenly decided to text you and even said he has an important matter to discuss with you. you got a bad feeling about this, especially because of everything that was happening between you and Kuroo. you prayed it wasn't about him again considering your feelings were already on edge.

Kuroo still hadn't come back from whatever he was doing and it didn't even bother you, for some reason you, right now, didn't even care if he simply went home. This day was a weird day and you hoped to forget about it soon and start over with Kuroo. That's what you dearly hoped for.

You loved Kuroo, so, naturally, you wanted nothing more than this relationship to work out but in the back of your head you had this constant reminder of everything that was going on between the two of you. You weren't sure if you could trust him, it had to get built up again, but you were willing to give it time. You were willing to give this relationship time to get trust back into the pictures, only because your feelings for the guy were so strong. If they weren't, you would've just tossed him aside and moved on.

You sighed as you started putting your books back into your backpack, you didn't think Kuroo would come back anyway. Maybe he got distracted, you thought. You swung your bag around your shoulder and left the library and went on your way to the front of the school like Gin had asked you. 'Pls come to the front of the school. Got something important to tell u :/' was his text.

You walked with your phone in your hand, shooting Kuroo a text that you went home and even told him everything was going to be alright with a little more time. You weren't sure how Kuroo was feeling about the entire situation so you simply wanted to give him some reassurance even if he didn't need anything. You thought it was fair, it was something you'd need if the tables were turned. But at the same time, you wouldn't lie to him. You wouldn't lie to get Kuroo to love you. Because at the end of the day, the truth will always come out no matter how hard you try to conceal it.

Kuroo hadn't texted you back when you saw Gin in the distance, and it was fine, he'd read it eventually and it wasn't something you had to worry about. ''Hi,'' you said with a friendly, but exhausted smile on your face. Something about this meeting with Gin got you to have chills running down your spine, but you didn't want to make this a bigger deal than it really was, even though you didn't know what it was all about as of now.

''Yo, Y/N,'' he smirked as he lit up a cigarette, making a small shield with his hand so the wind wouldn't continuously blow out the lighter. ''I've got something to tell ya.''

''Spill it.''

''Kuroo is fucking up again.''

You squinted your eyes, the vague words of the boy not reaching you. You weren't sure what he was talking about since he wasn't clear about the whole thing in the first place, and you hated it. Just be clear. Just tell whatever is up without going around it and sugar-coating everything, you thought. You hated it when people did that.

Even if you have something to say that could hurt the person you're telling it to, just say it, at least then they know what to expect and that way they can prepare themselves for what's about to come. ''What are you talking about,'' you bluntly stated and Gin's boyish smirk quickly faded into a worried expression. Now you were getting anxious and cold sweats were starting to form in your body. Just tell me what is up, you said to yourself.

''Are you and Kuroo still together?''

''Yeah.''

''Damn...'' Gin whispered and at this point, you wanted to grab him by the collar and force him to tell you. The boy kept quiet for a few seconds as he kicked some loose pebbles away with his foot while ticking off some ashes of the cigarette he was holding between his fingers.

''Gin, just tell me what's up. You're making this more difficult than it probably is.''

''I heard Kuroo took on a bet with someone... I don't think he loves you, I'm really sorry, Y/N.''

Your heart pounded in your chest and your mouth slowly fell agape, you weren't sure if you were hearing this right and your mind wandered back to the volleyball game some time ago. The boys there were also talking about some bet... so it was true after all. Kuroo didn't love you in the end, the bet was real and it was all just a game to him. You couldn't believe Gin and you couldn't believe yourself for being so stupid and blindly trusting and believing Kuroo's words.

''How do you know this?''

''I heard some guys talk about it. Apparently, someone dared him to date the new girl, you, and to break her heart after a while. I think he's supposed to break up with you. Can you believe that? They're both sick.''

''How are you so sure this is real? And who says he's continuing the bet? Who even told you this? People could just be feeding you lies to stir up some drama.'' you tried to reassure yourself and you tried your best to convince yourself what was happening was actually just a big misunderstanding. For some reason, you couldn't believe Kuroo would do this to you, but then at the same time, he also lied about being bad at science simply to get in touch with you.

And then it all clicked.

''Shit. I'm so fucking stupid,'' you whispered to yourself and your eyes went from the ground back to Gin's face who held his cigarette in front of his lips as if he'd just seen a ghost and was shocked. ''That's why he lied about being great at science. He didn't think anything of the lie because he knew he was going to toss me away in the end! His lie wouldn't matter if he'd just drop me.''

Tears started to well into your eyes, the salty liquid prickling your eyes. You couldn't believe it, you didn't want to believe it, you didn't want to get your heart broken. Especially not by someone like Kuroo. He was popular and girls would continuously talk about him in the school halls, he wouldn't be able to leave your mind since simply avoiding him was impossible. You'd get confronted by him one way or another. Your heart was aching, feeling like someone was squeezing it painfully and you slowly started to regret this whole relationship.

''I heard that if he wins the bet, some douche was going to make his homework,'' Gin laughed, ''can you believe that? Kuroo was willing to break your heart only for some free time!'' you shook your head as you took a few steps back. ''You okay, Y/N?'' Gin asked, trying to hide his smirk with the cigarette in his mouth, but you didn't even pay attention to him anymore.

Gin was right. Kuroo found some free time more important than your feelings. ''W-Who did he make the bet with? How do you know all these details, Gin?'' you stammered, unsure of what to think and feel right now. ''I don't know, but I can't believe someone would purposely hurt you like that,'' Gin said with a sad tone of voice, ''If I find that guy, I'll teach him a lesson for sure!''

You were blinded by love. You weren't sure what to do from here, for some people it was easy; just break up with him. But your feelings for Kuroo were strong, so your mind started to come up with all possible excuses, your emotions were all over the place. You didn't want to let go of Kuroo, but after what you just heard, you weren't sure if he even loved you to begin with. ''This must be a lie. I don't want to lose him,'' you stuttered.

Even though you knew about the bet, you felt like maybe, just maybe, somewhere deep inside of Kuroo's heart there might be some hidden love for you. You hoped so, but at this point, you couldn't tell anymore.