unfinished holiday drafts

Hello welcome to "me dumping drafts about Christmas and other general holiday things I didn't manage to finish because of my cripplingly horrible time management skills and the fact that I take on more projects than I can handle and now Christmas is over oh god why do I do this to myself?" (Insert breath here) In theaters Deptembruartober 92th 5417

I may finish some of these, haven't decided yet.

Also I guess the war ended or something while I was hyperfixated on the holidays. Maybe you'll see something about that in this book before it's old news because a completely different war starts.

My new years resolution is to get my shit together smh

If you're curious this entire thing is 2319 words.

"Decorating the Omega Tree"
663 words

~3rd POV~

"Are you sure this is a good idea?"

Iskall scoffed slightly, forcing another round of gigantic bulb lights the size of their hand around Mumbo's neck like a very festive necklace. "The omega tree is OMEGA. We can't use those little ones! It would look stupid!"

"You're sure this won't set the tree on fire?" Mumbo asked, maneuvering his body underneath some wood. "Because that is a legitimate concern-"

"Just decorate!" Iskall interrupted, taking an end of Mumbo's necklace and unwrapping it slightly from around his head and making their own necklace. They climbed upwards slightly, elytra too overboard for the tiny area the pair wanted to accomplish to stay close to each other. Plus, Iskall didn't want to risk accidentally choking their friend. "I'll do a favor for you as a thanks."

The bulbs dangled from wires and leaves, rainbow arrays of light adding faint sparkles that one could only see if they looked closely. Iskall wondered how they would get enough power to actually turn them on, but that was a problem for future Iskall. Now was decorating time. They hung and tied in a rhythmical pattern, every once in a while leaning back as far as their upper body strength would allow them to see if it actually looked good. Satisfied after a while, Iskall freed their head, giving a gentle tug at the unstrung lights to get the mustached man's attention.

"Are you done?" The response took a moment, which was curious. Iskall couldn't actually see Mumbo through a particularly large branch that separated them. "Mumbo?"

"Yes!" The mustached man giggled after a moment, rustling around in the leaves. Iskall saw Mumbo's head poke out from between the green, and they smiled. "I don't think I've ever hung lights on a tree this big!"

Iskall laughed too. "Have you ever seen a tree this big before this one?"

"Fair point. Anyway let's take a step back, yeah?"

The two nodded, tying up any loose ends and freeing themselves of the lights around them. At the sound of a firework ahead of them, Iskall used the tree to push themself forward, their own rocket boosting the path away from the tree. Iskall met eyes with his friend in the air, nodding for confirmation. At the same time the pair swung their bodies around in the air to face their handy work.

While the lights twinkled even without power, it just looked surprisingly ugly, well, the right side. There was no pattern or reason for whatever Mumbo had decided to vomit on his section of the tree and it contrasted awfully with how Iskall had taken the time to properly space out and make it look pretty. It was like he had decided to just throw the lights wherever there weren't any. It was like looking at colorful pasta someone had begun to sort and hadn't finished.