Friend (Angst)

AAAAAAAAA

Spring break. No excuses.

So this was requested by Napu196 but its drafting fell both right in the middle of me trying something new and also failing to find motivation. I tried, but if I kept it in drafting any longer it would have never been done D:!!

So here we got a Cleo origin, which involves drowned, as in the mobs lol. She's alive at the beginning. Also I apologize for the sudden ending, my brain refuses to go on.

Warnings:
-Character death
-Drowning (Explicit)

Yell at me if I missed anything

1411 words

I tried really hard. I'm so sorry for disappearing...

~3rd POV~

Waves of the ocean undulated in patterns, sickly sweet smelling sea air fighting against them and making their way towards Cleo's nose with a gentle breeze. The sun had just begun it's crawl down from it's high perch, painting the sky a particularly nice pale color, which made an ombre that dusted to the horizon line and beyond vision.

Cleo sat alone on the beach, small feet digging into the grainy sand. Her orange hair stuck up in many directions, matching her clothes in being somewhat damp, but unevenly and hastily patted dry after the large tidal wave she had fallen victim to. It was past supper, and judging by the quickly fading lights reflecting somewhere across the sea, just too far out of sight, Cleo's parents would probably be calling her in for the night any moment now.

She had to be quick. The girl stole one last glance up at the soft lit wood of the back patio before she wandered further out, reaching into her pockets for a slightly soggy bit of bread.

"Are you there?" She asked the water, green eyes scanning, searching, standing still until she could pinpoint the answer she wished.

Bubbles erupted from the water, followed after by a rough, veiny hand. Then, a head. The figured groaned, absently shaking seaweed off itself and gurgling. That was a response enough.

Cleo smiled, gingerly brushing the sand off of her own legs. "I brought this for you," She eyed the bread, holding it out in the palm of her hand for her friend. "I'm sorry it's kind of wet, I guess it would have ended up like that either way. Here, take it." She said.

They lifted a hand, striking down flat and knocking the bread out of Cleo's palm and onto the floor, too slow, too uncoordinated to simply take it from her. It did hurt slightly, but only to the degree of an aggressive high five. Stinging, but manageable. Cleo knew they didn't mean it. She reached down and grabbed the bread, reaching for their hand and wrapping their stout fingers in a grip around the food at the same time.

"Sorry I didn't bring any more, I'm not supposed to be having snacks after supper." The girl shook her head, green eyes meeting those of the glowing, seemingly empty cyan sockets of her friend. "I'm-"

But her thought was cut off, empty space of words filled with that of a shrill scream.

Cleo whipped around, seeing the figure of her mother on the wooden patio. The demeanor changed fast, like that of a teenager quickly closing tabs after being snuck up on. Cleo's friend was gone before she turned back. Traces only left from wet imprints in the sand and a grumpy feeling as she was practically carried back inside.