Loalade (Part 1)

Welcome to a Bdoc chapter about Loalade! This literally took three days to write and only wanted it to be one part but it has to be two. Otherwise ya'll would have to read 4000ish words in one chapter.

More importantly, if you don't know what Loalade is, it's basically this disease that blossoms off of someone thinking their love is unrequited. It's sorta like hanahaki, but with a lot more symptoms and done more creativity. It was made by @Bumblie_ on Instagram.

There are 4 different types, all with 3 stages. I'll add the images I used for reference at the end of this one.

Warnings:
-Loalade virus
-Vomiting pink liquid
-Giant pink blisters
-Bug that transfers virus

If I missed any, please let me know and I will add it immediately!

Wordcount [~2.5k]

~3rd POV~

Bdubs was never one for roughing it out in nature by himself. Sure, he relatively loved the outdoors and the peacefulness of the midday sun shining out on his quiet field of flowers and little river house; but the jungle was a completely different story.

An entirely different story.

Everything was just such a bright green, Bdubs didn't like it everywhere. It was hot, sticky, humid, and despite being in the safe shade of the massive canopy overhead he could still feel the heat of the sun on his back. Plus everything was loud with all the birds and insects

Oh boy, the insects.

He hated it. He hated it with such a burning passion and the last time he left he promised himself he would never ever ever go back. The last time he was in a jungle, he felt like he could never leave even if he wanted. But no, here he was. Willing back.

See, as much as Bdubs hated the jungle, he really needed vines. But no matter how badly he needed vines, he was still afraid. He kept to the underside of the several megabases that we're all smooshed together far too close. He constantly looked behind himself to make sure at least one other jungle hermit was in his sight.

He went about his business, gathering the materials he needed quickly so he could leave. The mosquitoes doubled with his fear were driving him to the brink of just leaving and never coming back. There was a small voice in his head begging for him to just leave, but it was overshadowed by his need to prove to himself that he was being irrational; He knew he wasn't.

Bdubs swatted away every bit of overhanging green leaves that flew into his face, with a grumpy pout. He let go of a branch as he passed under it and it swung right back at him, smacking him square in the face.

"Ow!" He whined, wiping the slowly forming and unwanted tears from his eyes. He wasn't bleeding, but it definitely left a scratch. He sighed, stumbling over another tree root as he looked down at his hand.

A little bug had perched on the back of his wrist, which he was about to swat away, before he was thrown off. 

The bug was a bright pink and had a perfect heart shape on its back. Bdubs had never seen anything like it. The bug was about as big as a nickel. 

Bdubs stopped for a moment to admire it, before it suddenly bit him. Bdubs jerked his hand towards his chest. It was just a twinge, but Bdubs sighed anyway.

"Why does everything in this jungle want to kill me?!"

The bug was gone as quickly as it appeared.