Magic Crystals (General)

I'm a tad late to hop on the magic Crystals bandwagon don't @ me this is just what my brain decided to write.

I might do a continuation of this? This shot is relatively on script with Cubs video where this happened, but a part two would just be me and my storytelling. I haven't decided yet. Though a part two has some major angst potential so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Let me know some thoughts I'm open to brainstorming!

Warnings: Strange use of magical crystals from a sketchy jungle wizard.

[~880 words]

~3rd POV~

"So you're telling me these crystals will give me buffs?"

Cub's voice was littered with uncertainty, even as the wizard nodded with an expression omitting enthusiasm. Scar shoved the barrel out towards his friend with a smile.

"Yeah! There's water breathing, bravery, respawn, they're magic! You want one?"

Cub stuck his hand in the barrel, plucking a magic crystal from off the top. It was a tiny pinkish one, about the size of his palm. 

"Ohh! That one is Gift of Love, can you feel it's magic?"

Cub froze, feeling, well, something. At first disoriented by the sudden pink hue of his vision, but he definitely felt the love. He looked around at the jungle setting around him with a new lense of appreciation. He found new meaning in the green of the grass and the height of the beautifully grown jungle trees around him.

"I'm definitely feeling the love," He stated, wondering in a small circle and noticing everything for the first time. It made him feel slightly light headed. His heart even ached a bit when he looked back at Scar, but he pushed that one down. "How much do you charge per crystal?"

The wizard grinned, thinking it over for a moment. "Well usually they're one diamond a pop, but I'll give you a friend discount and say two per?"

"That's such a steal! Can I take all of them?" Cub went wide eyed as his wizard friend nodded, pointing out each crystal and the ability attached to it.

Soon he held two of each crystal in his arms. His heart race picked up, a faint migraine spreading to his temples. Cub could hear the faint sound of Scar still speaking, but he made out no words through the echo.The magic pulsated through his fingertips and his breaths became unsteady.

"What is happening??" His own voice sounded strangely calm, despite the corners of his vision becoming spotty and him being able to see every color of the rainbow at the same time.

"Maybe it's the overwhelming feeling of magic?" Scar suggested, taking his friend by the elbow and leading him to the safe shade of Larry the Snail. "If you're feeling overwhelmed we should get you out of the sun. Just go to your dark place, do some breathing exercises, that sorta thing, yeah?"

"Dark place. Breathing exercises," Cub repeated blankly, the black beginning to consume the entirety of his vision. Or maybe he was closing his eyes, he couldn't tell.

\/\/\/

Cub opened his eyes to the usual blue sky. 

"Scar-?" He started, before sitting up and realizing he was no longer under the canopy of the wizards magical forest. He blinked, confused. He still held the crystals in his pockets, but couldn't feel their magic coursing through him as strongly as before. His migraine had subsided as well.

"Where am I-? No wait-" He gasped upon seeing a familiar birch plank house with a dark roof from a world seemingly from so long ago.

Immediately, he threw himself into a nearby pond of water. Then he took out his shovel and dug up some of the ground.

"No way- this isn't real." Cub told himself.

Cub stumbled to the front door of his house, absently putting the little pink crystal into his hand. He felt love, but he didn't feel the love like he had before.

Cub tripped on his way up the stairs, the colors invading his senses so hard he could taste them. He gasped, falling back on his butt as the darkness invaded again, quicker this time.

"No, wait-!"

/\/\/\

This time when he awoke, a sudden change of air pressure made Cub jolt. This coupled with the purple stalks of magic fruit, tall dark creatures, and familiar rocky texture of stone only found in one place, Cub concluded he was in the end.

His vision blurred as he made his way towards the only sound in the usually quiet dimension, which had to be people.

"Jevin? Impulse?" Cub almost cried upon sight of them. "What season is this?"

Impulse gave a questioning expression. "Uh….seven? Did you-"

"Season nineteen." Jevin cut the brown haired male off, letting out a small chuckle.

"Did you hit your head or something?" Impulse finished.

"Oh thank God. I met a wizard in the jungle and he gave me these crystals! Look, they're magic! I passed out and woke up in season four. Feel the magic!"

The two men started confused at Cub, who anxiously held the crystals out towards them.

"Dude, these are glass shards," The slime man pressed forward, dismissing the magic with a wave of his hand.

"No-no they're magic!"

"Cub, did you happen to eat any mushrooms while you were out in the jungle?" The comment from Jevin made Impulse laugh in agreement.

Cub was confused. Couldn't they feel the magic energy too?

~~~~