Scars (Flangst)

Some flangsty Kersuma!

I know I said I wouldn't write this. In my defense, it's crack hours, also known as the time of self loathing!

But in all seriousness, this sort of topic is not a joke and should not be handled as such.

Warnings:
-Implied self harm (Not specifically stated or shown in the act)

If you are not comfortable with this topic, please feel absolutely free to skip this one over!

Wordcount [~700] prettyyy short

~3rd POV~

Keralis awoke with a sudden jolt, taking a confused moment for his eyes to adjust to the darkness around him. He yawned, his back aching as he had apparently fallen asleep on the floor. He reached blindly around him, feeling for the remote to shut off the TV which was left playing. With jerky movement, he started to get up, but then stopped as he felt something laying on his stomach. Or rather, someone.

He looked down to be met with the closed eyes covered by a purple visor of his best friend, Xisuma. The admin had fallen asleep with his head on Keralis and subconsciously wrapped his arms around him too. Keralis couldn't help but smile. Xisuma just made him feel so happy.

That happy feeling bubbled up from Keralis' stomach, burning in the back of his throat until a badly stifled giggle pierced the otherwise silent room. Then another, this one more warmly embraced. Keralis' laughter shook his entire body, the shaking breaths he took ricocheted around his ribcage until it wasn't enough.

"Mm?" Xisuma stretched his stuff muscles, waking up but keeping his eyes closed. "Why are you laughing, Keralis?" The gravel in his voice was clear immediately, he was still tired despite just waking up.

"Nothing, Shashwammy. Nothing. Don't worry your pretty little face and go back so sleep." Keralis said, offering a small smile to the admin.

Without another word, Xisuma shifted, letting go of Keralis and instead favoring laying directly next to him. He situated himself on his side, facing Keralis. He curled into himself, drifting back into sleep.

"Hey, Shashwam?" Keralis whispered after a second, waking the admin up once more.

"Yes?"

"Why don't you take that off?" He asked, tapping lightly on the purple visor of Xisuma's helmet. "You'll get a crick in the neck."

Xisuma met Keralis' eyes, pausing for a moment to ponder his words. "I'd rather keep it on."

"You'll hurt your neck sleeping like that, Shashwammy! Here, I'll do it for you!" Keralis sat up on his knees, urging the admin to do the same. After a moment's hesitation, Xisuma joined him.

The Pole got a grip on the helmet, pulling it off the admin's head with ease. A mass of fluffy brown hair covered Xisuma's face in place of the helmet, until he brushed it away with a pink tinge on his cheeks. But that wasn't the only thing, many scars littered Xisuma's features, the most prominent being two crossing over to form an X between his eyes. Some were about the size of coin sides, others dragging along down his neck and towards his chest in a scratchy, lightning bolt way. Some almost healed over, others red and undoubtedly angry

Keralis didn't need to be told twice what this meant. It shattered his heart.

"Sh-"

"Goodnight, Keralis."

Xisuma took his helmet from Keralis, tucking it towards his stomach as he rolled over to face the wall. However, he didn't close his eyes. Thoughts raced in his head, the rational trying to cancel out the anxious driven unlikely scenarios and failing. He hardly noticed the pair of arms snaking around his torso until he was being pulled back.

"Shashwammy," Keralis said, whispering into the admin's ear gently. "Your face is so pretty,"

Xisuma let himself be picked up by Keralis. He had moved them both to a sitting position with the admin in his lap facing him.

"I'm-" But Xisuma cut himself off as Keralis leaned forward, placing a gentle kiss to each of his scars. 

"You know you're a pretty boy, you know that, right?" Keralis continued, showering Xisuma in as much praise as he could manage. Which was a lot. "You're gorgeous. You make me so happy."

The tears came easy, which he moved to wipe away but Keralis stopped him. He wrapped his arms back around the admin, rubbing circles on his back and letting him cry. 

"Shh, shh it's okay. I'm here. It's okay."

~~~