Deep breaths (General)

I feel so productive.

Basically this shot features Xisuma getting super sick as a result of him breathing the overworld air for too long, mostly because I liked the idea of giving his helmet functionality other than just "he doesn't want to show his face" (which I get is totally accurate, but still).

Also this might be the most I've ever typed the word helmet in my life.

Warnings:
-My boy gets super sick
-Vomit (Inexplicit, not described in detail)
-Casual almost death at the beginning (Inexplicit)

If I missed anything please let me know and I will add it!

Also I still suck at endings. I am working on it, I promise.

Wordcount [~1.2k]

~3rd POV~

Xisuma could hear the ripping of fabric from behind him before he could process anything else. The wind tore through the elytra on his back, the giant holes leaving the Admin unable to fly. His body plummeted towards the leafy jungle floor head first, a few surprised rockets firing up as Xisuma waited for the impact.

Smash!

Millions of purple stained glass pieces found themselves intertwined with lime green particles as they cast across the ground. Xisuma opened his eyes after a moment, a shaking single heart slowly going up. He took an even shakier breath and coughed at the uncomfortable sensation of the air invading his lungs.

Majority of the purple visor of his helmet had smashed off, plus the top half of the actual helmet had caved in from the rough impact with the ground. This wasn't terrible, but it wasn't a good thing either.

See, Xisuma's body wasn't fully accustomed to breathing the air of the overworld. Sure, he could if he needed to, but not for too long. It was just too thin for him to live with, so he wore his helmet as a way to regulate his levels of oxygen. The Admin sighed, knowing the only immediate danger he was in was from the source of his forgetfulness. All he had to worry about was repairing his elytra and just popping on his spare helmet. Thankfully, he built the quartz paths on the jungle floor for a reason and was at his underground skelton farm rather quickly.

Xisuma examined his helmet more as he carelessly slashed away, waiting for the experience orbs to fully mend his torn elytra. The broken visor wasn't much of a big deal, but the dent was. He quickly ran a check to see if anything else on his suit had broken. It was all intact.

As soon as he could, Xisuma exited the farm and set a rocket off, blasting into the sky towards his storage room. The wind rustled his brown hair and nipped at his cheeks, the feeling was not pleasant. Landing on the platform, he immediately started digging around in his chests.

Where would an extra be? Armor? No. Essentials? Nope.

Very soon, every chest had been emptied, searched thoroughly and passed over. Then a second time, then a third. Xisuma's breaths were shaky and deep, trying to force as much air into his lungs as possible. His heartbeat was racing, despite the fact that he was not rather panicked, just annoyed that he couldn't find his spare helmet.

Every turn he took shook his eyes, making him dizzy and leaving room for a faint pressure to settle on his temples. He knew he would be fine after his body had adjusted, but the impatience screamed for him to just find his spare helmet and get back to work. He flew to every tower, checking every project and digging though what had to be at least a thousand shulker boxes. The unmanaged chest monsters only seemed to worsen as he searched more and more.

Have I lost my mind?

The pressure in his skull was relentless, crushing and painful by the time he had tired of searching. Fuzz had built up in the back of his vision, blurrying and distracting. Xisuma knew he had already spent way too much time searching. He knew he should just let it be at this point and submit through the adjustment period, but something in the back of his mind told him to keep fighting.

"Shashwammy?"

Xisuma jumped at the sudden voice, the volume echoing through his skull and bouncing off the sides endlessly. "Keralis?"

"I've been calling you for ages, why haven't you answered?"

Xisuma stared at the ground, pondering the words Keralis spoke. Every thought he had came in slow motion, too slow for him to think the entire thing.

The Pole furrowed his eyebrows, getting a good look at his friend. Xisuma's helmet was off and he looked pale. "Shashwammy, are you okay?" He asked, taking a step closer and gripping the Admin's raised hands in his. "Are you drinking enough water? You don't look too good."

It took a moment, but the response found its way into words. "I don't feel too good…My helmet broke and I can't- I can't...find my spare."

Keralis knew Xisuma's condition, though the details were cloudy. All he could think to do was lay his friend down and keep him hydrated. "I think I might have it, are you okay to come with me?"

Xisuma's head nodded down, the weight swinging his body forward onto Keralis and almost knocking the Pole over like a domino in the process. "I can-" he started, his lack of breath no matter how deep he was breathing and the pressure building up in his head beginning to override everything else. Before Xisuma knew it, his lunch was expelled from his stomach and introduced to the front of Keralis' shirt.

The wide eyed man couldn't help but scream. "Shashwammy!"

"I didn't-" But Xisuma's eyes were too heavy. Keralis seemed to fade away into nothing but a blob of black nothingness.

---

Xisuma rolled lazily onto his side, opening his eyes. The familiar padding of something against his head comforted him, while the purple tint in all the colors confirmed his suspicions. He sat up, drawing the deepest breath into his lungs that he could manage. While he still felt slightly sluggish, at least his head wasn't pounding anymore.

The first thing he noticed was that he was in a room that wasn't his. Xisuma swung his feet off the edge of the bed, admiring the strange room. One look out the window let him gaze on his own underwater arena project, he knew where he was.

"Oh, you're awake!" Keralis beamed, closing the dark wood door after he entered. "How are you feeling?" He asked. "I brought you some water."

Xisuma took the glass from his friend thoughtfully and held it in his lap. "Thank you. I'm doing a lot better, but how long was I out? Also where did you find my helmet?"

Keralis hummed, taking a seat on the bed next to his friend. The frame shifted under his weight. "A couple hours. But you left the helmet here a couple days ago when you slept over," he said.

Xisuma remembered that now. He wondered why that wasn't one of the first places he looked, rather than wasting time like he had. "I can't thank you enough, Keralis," Xisuma honestly couldn't. Keralis couldn't have shown up at a better time.

The Pole laughed, lightly patting the Admin on the shoulder. "Hey, just pay for my dry cleaning and I'd say we're even stevens!"

"Oh yeah, I'm sorry about that…"

"Just joking," Keralis smiled reassuringly. "Do drink your water, though. Stay hydrated! I'll be downstairs if you need me."

With that, the man pressed a gentle kiss onto the visor of Xisuma's helmet. It left a smudge, right where the Admin could see it. Keralis excused himself downstairs with a giggle.

Xisuma pondered, gulping down the water and savoring the cool feeling on his dry lips.

I should be more careful.

~~~

(Psst, hey! You! Have a lovely day! <3)