Doc's fear (general)

Just a short little thing about Doc being afraid of cats! Somewhat fluffy but not very shippy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also unedited we die like real men.

Warnings:
-Mini panic attack (Very inexplicit, dw)

Let me know if I missed something, I will add it immediately!

Wordcount [~830]

~3rd POV~

Despite the harsh and unafraid facade Doc tried his hardest to keep up (Even if nobody believed it), Doc was really only afraid of one thing; Cats.

Doc really didn't know why, he had never had a bad experience with a cat, had never even seen a cat attack anyone. For some reason the sight of one just set him into a complete and utter state of fear.

The hybrid figured this irrational fear had something to do with that fact that, well, he was a creeper hybrid. Maybe it was some sort of genetic thing.

Doc didn't want anyone to think of him weak for being afraid of cats of all things, so he just avoided them all together. 

The first Hermit to ever find out was Scar, in the days of Area 77. It was all because of Jellie. Doc threatened to kill Scar if he ever told anyone. The now shopping district honored his promise.

But if there was one person who would not honor a promise like that, it was Bdubs.

The two had long since made up for the mansion halves and beheading of the Goat. Bdubs had offered a tour of his slowly growing valley and Doc couldn't refuse. The shorter male happily chatted on about his future plans, along with pointing out the ever expanding castle on the horizon line every chance he got.

Doc actually quite enjoyed himself. It was always a fun time to get to hang out with Bdubs and not have anything to work on for once. He also adored how proud Bdubs was with every build. He could see the passion and pride in his friend's eyes with every word spoken.

"Have I shown you the barn yet?" Bdubs asked happily, already beginning to lead the way. "I really like living out here! I can keep a lot of animals like horses!"

"You can keep horses no matter where you are," Doc remarked as Bdubs scoffed, creaking open the big red barn doors for him and stepping inside.

"Well yeah but it's more natural out here."

"You did a nice job wi-" Doc started, eyes scanning the inside of the barn and landing on a little cat curled up in the corner, fast asleep on a pile of straw. He froze in place.

Bdubs shook the hybrid slightly, a forced sounding laugh escaping from his lips as he looked for what had made Doc stop cold. "Oh, that cat! He's wild and keeps finding ways in. I'll chop his face off!"

With spider-like reflexes, the little ball of fluff narrowly avoided being smacked in the behind from Bdubs' axe. It darted between the man's legs and stopped at Doc's feet, staring up at him with it's little eyes.

Doc couldn't move. There was a cat situated at his feet and he couldn't move.

"Doc! Get it out of here!"

No, no, no. Doc clutched his head in his hands, his whole body shaking and pleading to get away. But his legs simply stayed cemented in place. Please run, for the love of God!

Bdubs silently brought out a broom, shooing the furry feline away with one swift motion. He remained silent for once and looked up at his friend.

"Doc are you- are you crying?"

The hybrid quickly came to his senses, wiping the now steady streaming tears off his face and getting ready to move on like nothing happened.

He was not getting away that easy.

"Hey- hey don't cry," Bdubs' tone softened, he beckoned Doc closer and wrapped him in an awkward hug. "What's wrong? I wasn't actually going to hurt him, if that's it."

Doc couldn't help but lean into his friend's touch. "It's nothing man, not your fault at all."

"Mhm," Bdubs scoffed, pulling away slightly. "A little kitty cat appears and the all mighty Goat just starts crying? If I didn't know any better I'd say you were afraid."

Pausing, Doc turned away. "I said it was nothing-"

"Wait you're actually afraid of cats?!"

With a deep sigh, Doc collected himself and headed out towards the barn door once again, too annoyed to argue a point. "I am part creeper, laugh it up why don't you?"

Doc didn't really know what to expect. Possibly for Bdubs to bust out laughing and make fun of him for being afraid of something so stupid? aybe for him to immediately go tell everyone? That would make Doc the laughing stock of the server.

But Bdubs didn't even chuckle. Instead, he offered a small smile. "We're all afraid of something, yeah? Sometimes we just can't control it. Anyway there's still daylight left, want to go see my castle?"

Doc hadn't anticipated a reaction like that. Maybe he was wrong about Bdubs.

~~~