Accidental secrets (Gen)

So fun fact, this actually took me over a week to write. I'm kinda getting over some writer's block at the moment, but I think I'll be okay and I apologise for the wait :)

Requested secret relationship by AestheticMoonie and it's some rarepair Mango. *Jazzhands* I even included some platonic Mumbo and Xisuma!

No warnings I can think of!

Wordcount [~1.6k]

~3rd POV~

Mumbo simply grinned, feeling a hand grip his from under the table. He glanced up, warmly regarding Tango before intertwining their fingers together and going back to focus on Mayor Scar as best he could. Sure, the Resistance team seemed all power hungry to use him as a scapegoat, but Mumbo knew where his loyalties really stood. That's not to say he only joined the HEP was to be with Tango (Or as the side with obviously better vaults), on this side they would be working together instead of fighting on opposite sides. With how conflicting their schedules were, what with Tango's time being focused only sorely on Decked out for the duration of it's run, Mumbo knew this is how they could spend more time together. After all, relationships couldn't exactly work if you never see your partner.

Mumbo honestly couldn't keep his head straight most of the meeting. He spaced out numerous times, despite his will to keep the Mayor's works actually stuck in his head instead of hearing in one ear and losing every bit of dialogue out the other. War talk just wasn't his forte.

Scar smiled, fist colliding with the dark wood of his seat with a shout. It was a simple movement, one that brought Mumbo back from thinking about the Resistance team's dinky vault. "That's why it's important to celebrate! So now that everyone is briefed, I will take questions and won't keep any of you a second longer."

Mumbo definitely had a question.

The rest of the meeting was fast, with quick goodbyes and small chatter making its way through the room almost instantly. Tango grabbed the mustached man's attention.

"Aren't you excited?" He asked, red eyes sparkling like little stars.

"Yeah! I think working with HEP is going to be great!" Mumbo responded in kind, brain automatically picking and choosing his excitement towards not only the organization, but his hopes for the future.

Tango blinked, a tiny giggle ripping through the center of Mumbo's sentence. "I was talking about the party?"

"...Party?"

Sighing, the blonde man wrapped an arm around his oblivious spoon of a boyfriend. "Were you listening at all? The party to celebrate the success of taking down the Resistance's first wave of attack?"

Was that the celebration Scar had been talking about?

"Oh," Mumbo forced out, shaking away his confusion and replacing it with excitement. He was honestly looking forward to the party, although he did only just learn about it. "Well either way, I'm looking forward to it. You think you'll be able to keep your head above the surface and away from Decked Out long enough to go with me?"

Mumbo laughed, which prompted Tango to do the same, even through a mock scowl. "Well, I dunno. I might now be able to stand still knowing the dungeon is right below my feet and you know how much I love restocks and admin work over a fun party." He joked, rolling his eyes slightly.

The two talked casually outside the HEP tower, laughing and almost leaving before the other brought up a new token of conversation and the rockets were forgotten. Mumbo knew he had things to work on, but he just couldn't pull himself away. The men exchanged a quick kiss goodbye and before Mumbo knew it, he was alone.