Sledding (Fluff)

Aha!! Motivations slowly returning?? Couldn't be me.

Anyway yeah, I completely lost almost all motivation to write last month plus school was suddenly piling on a lot more than usual so that kept me busy. I wanna get back into it, so here's this.

It's a simple little Platonic Grian/Etho snow thing because the weather where I am is cold as hell. This can be seen as shippy I guess but that's wasn't the first intent.

No warnings I can think of!

Side note but anyone have an opinion on if I should try and squeeze the ship/pair into the titles? For easier selection or something? I'll probably do it at some point idk

660 words

~3rd POV~

White flakes fell from the sky like fresh fallen tears, the grey sky blocking out every trace of the warm sun with it's thick cloud stretching across the horizon line. Etho shook his head, wiping the quickly piling snow out of his hair of equal color as he steadied his sled made of rickety scraps of violently pink wood that had fallen from his nether tree farm.

"Ready?" He said in a joking manner, piling on the sled behind Grian. It was scarcely big enough, half of his butt practically hanging off the back. He steadied them on the practically iced over ground below them and wrapped his arms around Grian. Now the sled was only stopped by the force of his quickly slipping feet.

"No!" The dirty blonde laughed, instinctively grabbing onto the arms wrapped around him. "Do I really have to sit in the front?"

"Don't worry, if you go flying it'll probably be a soft landing unless it's right on the ice," Etho shrugged, lifting his feet from the floor with one swoop and crossing his knees around his companion. The sled slipped, but didn't start it's descent down the hill Etho had strategically chosen behind Grian's mansion.

"That was anticli-" Grian started, cutting himself off with a squeal as Etho gave them a rough push with his arms. With that, the pair skid downwards unevenly, poor directions making the sled fly sideways and way off course. Etho flipped over onto his back, colliding with a rather surprisingly thick layer of ice with a thump. The dirty blonde was practically attached to him, disconnecting from the sled as Etho himself became the replacement. The pair skid until they stopped, unfortunately for Etho landing in a shallow pool of slush water.

The Canadian laughed, letting his teeth audibly chatter with a rather exaggerated motion. "It's cold!" He complained, pushing the smaller Brit off of him.

"I wasn't ready!" Grian complained, shaking the water off of his-admittedly thin for the situation- thickest coat. Could you blame him? Who prepares for snow in the jungle?

"At least I gave you a heads up!" Etho rolled his eyes, steadying himself on his feet as he looked around the no longer fresh snow. He advanced towards the sled, which had broken in two pieces and probably wouldn't hold either of the men. Etho pouted slightly as he turned back to Grian to speak, but no words came out.

The dirty blonde had busied himself fidgeting with a loose button on his collar, smile planted on his red face from the cold despite it being partially hidden by the scarf that hung from his frame. His fingers didn't look any better, the digits probably numb without gloves to protect them from the dry winter air. He shivered unconsciously.

"Are you cold? We can go inside."

The reaction wasn't words, but a slightly embarrassed look that crossed Grian's face. "I am a little bit," he confessed, laughing slightly. "I know we haven't been out long or anything, it's just colder than I thought."

Etho walked towards his friend, reaching for his hands and forcing them into his own sleeves light a child might on the playground. He raised his eyebrows, cringing at the connection of Grian's cold hands on his bare arms. "Yeah, let's go. The sled is broken anyway."

"As long as we aren't going to your base," Grian teased.

The two made their way inside the overlooming mansion, coats and outerwear forgotten practically at the door and replaced with dry sweaters and a large blanket which they shared. They spread out in front of the superabundant fireplace, close enough to probably singe someone's eyebrows off.

"So much better," Grian sighed simply, color returning to his face slowly.

Etho laughed, taking a greedy sip of hot chocolate as best he could laying on his stomach, back slightly sore from the earlier and rather rough landing. "Just don't hog the blanket you goof,"

~~~

:)