Proposal panic (Fluff)

If you can't tell by now, titles are not my strong suit :/

Some Bdoc fluff for the soul as requested by Your_Female_Dad and IngerCGrantham on two separate occasions.

No warnings for this one! It's just full of gay panic! Short and sweet :)

Wordcount [~780]

~3rd POV~

Doc drew in a deep breath, forcing the air out of his lungs slowly after a moment and looking himself dead in the eye through the mirror.

"He's going to like it," Doc smiled to himself, fondly running a hand over the small black box with a simple silver ring resting on the inside. "Now, how are you going to ask him?"

The hybrid studied his reflection for a moment, then got down on one knee. He couldn't see himself anymore, so he closed his eyes. "Bdubs, you're the love of my life and I can't imagine a single moment without you…" mumbling, he stood back on his feet. "Is that too much? Maybe it isn't enough…this has to be special."

Doc practiced, mentally editing and rewriting and bettering every bit of his proposal. He tried while standing, while down on one knee, with eyes open and closed. This had to be absolutely perfect. The day was arriving just tomorrow and he had to be ready.

"One last time," he said to himself, getting down for probably the thousandth time. "I-"

A soft knock from behind interrupted Doc. He quickly stood up, panic taking over his senses. He shuffled around before shoving the ring box into the medicine cabinet, haphazardly slamming the door.

"Doc? You in there? I got the materials I need but I couldn't remember what you asked for so I didn't get it."

"Just a sec!" Doc flushed the toilet, then ran the sink for a second or two before opening the bathroom door to face Bdubs with a nervous smile. "I can go get it myself later. Anyway I'm hungry, wanna eat something?"

/\/\/\

The time for panic is never the early morning. Doc had woken up after Bdubs, rubbing his eye and stretching. All was calm before he remembered.

Today is the day.

Then everything was panic.

Doc slid open his nightstand drawer, digging around for the ring box and coming up empty-handed. Where did it go?

Before he let his mind submit to utter panic, Doc remembered what had happened. He untangled himself from the bed sheets and tucked them back in neatly before wondering over to the bathroom.

"Good morning, Baby." Doc felt arms wrapping around him from behind. Bdubs was far too short to reach Doc's ears, so he spoke with his chin pressed against his shoulders. "Sleep well?"

Doc smiled and turned around, placing a sweet kiss to Bdubs' lips. "Well look how the tables have turned. Since when did you become a morning person? Anyway I have to go to the bathroom."

Bdubs gave up no resistance as Doc pulled himself away, closing himself in the bathroom. The faint smile on his face quickly faded as Doc let out a gasp, opening up the medicine cabinet.

Where is the ring?

Doc opened every drawer, shook out every stray towel and searched all over the ground frantically. The little black box turned up nowhere in the bathroom and the hybrid moved his search to the hallway. After that the bedroom, the kitchen, all coming up empty handed. Despite how Doc tried to remain calm, by the time he made his way to the living room, the search became obvious.

"Baby, what are you looking for?" Bdubs had situated himself in the doorway, hands neatly folded behind his back as he watched Doc search.

"It's nothing, Honey. I just misplaced something."

A slight giggle made Doc look up from shaking out the sofa cushions. He locked eyes with Bdubs and let the quiet footsteps of the shorter man pad into the room fully.

"What's funny?"

"Y'know I always thought golden rings looked a little tacky, so I'm glad you made the choice for silver."

Doc dropped the sofa cushions, a nervous laugh falling from his lips. "Aw, B, it was supposed to be a surprise!"

Bdubs laughed with him taking a step closer. "Well then you shouldn't have hidden it so poorly! Either way, maybe the surprise element doesn't have to be completely ruined."

Before Doc could question, Bdubs had gotten down onto his knee. He presented the little black box with a smile, opening it up for Doc to see it's rings. "Doc-"

"Well you already know your answer is yes, you idiot." Doc smiled, wrapping his arms around Bdubs in a tight embrace. "Damn, I had a whole speech planned and everything. You surprise spoiler."

"It's not my fault!" Bdubs laughed as Doc pecked him on the lips. "Either way, I do love you. I'm sorry."

"I love you too, now stop talking so I can give you a proper kiss."

~~~