➳ 43: live and let die

HAYLEY had allowed the Crescent wolves to stay at the compound despite all the Mikaelsons' protests. Her reason being that they were in danger now because of Esther so they deserved to spare a few rooms.

They were congregated in the courtyard when Elijah entered the room, yelling for Klaus. "Brother! Niklaus!"

At the sound of Elijah's voice, Hayley walked into the room to see what was going on. "You do realize that literally everyone in here has supernatural hearing, right?" She snapped at him.

"Where is my brother?" He demanded sternly with narrowed eyes.

"I'll check his calendar..." She said sarcastically then paused for a moment before shaking her head at him. "Wait, no. Not his wife, so..." She passive-aggressively answered then motioned upstairs. "Ingrid is upstairs if you want to go bug her about it."

"Hayley, this city is under siege by an army of beasts following my deranged mother's every command." He informed her in annoyance. "Now, considering it was your people who just declared war on my kind, now's not the best time for your particular brand of sass."

"Klaus left a while ago. If you want to find him, I can't help you. If only there was a magical device that people used to call people? I don't know, I'm out of ideas. Good luck." She remarked, unamused, then turned and walked away, but stopped and turned back at the last moment. "Oh! One more thing, Elijah-- those "beasts" that you're referring to? They may be under Esther's control, but, like you said, they're my people. So, if you hurt them, your bitch mother will be the least of your problems." She threatened and turned to leave. Elijah stood in his place and stared as she walks away, looking unhappy.

"Trouble in paradise?" Ingrid questioned with a smirk as she walked down the stairs and toward him.

Rolling his dark brown eyes, he straightened out his jacket and cleared his throat. "Enough, Ingrid." He ordered sternly, shooting her a challenging expression. "Where is Niklaus?"

"He had something to do with Camille O'Connell, I believe." She answered in a careless tone and deadpanned. Looking around at the crowd of Crescent wolves, Ingrid made an aggravated face. "When you find him please tell him to call me, yes?" She remarked and walked back toward the stairs while shouting loudly. "And have animal control come round up a pack of wild dogs, please. They're getting fleas everywhere."

The Crescent wolves growled at her and she chuckled to herself and smirked down at them from the balcony. Hayley glared in her direction and pointed a finger. "Ingrid!" She called out to her causing the Mikaelson to raise an eyebrow and hum in acknowledgment. "A word, please?"

Ingrid rolled her eyes then glanced at Elijah, who gave her an encouraging look, and sighed heavily. "Very well." She grumbled in annoyance and motioned for the hybrid to follow her. Ingrid then walked into her office and gestured for Hayley to sit in one of the chairs while walking toward her desk and sitting in her chair. "Take a seat."

"I'd rather stand." Hayley responded in harsh manner and crossed her arms over her chest. "Who the hell do you think you are?" She demanded of the Original in fury and Ingrid leaned against the back of her chair with an amused smirk. "You can't treat people like this. Esther drove us out of our home and Elijah agreed that we could stay here."

Licking her lips with a laugh and leaning forward in her chair, Ingrid glanced at the hybrid with a mixed facial expression. "Believe it or not, Elijah does not have final say. I do. So you and your group of filthy, ill-mannered mutts can go crawling back to the bayou where you belong."