➳ 71: wild at heart

KLAUS and Ingrid were enjoying their morning by spending it completely naked underneath their sheets. Klaus was hovering overtop of her, placing kisses down the soft, bare skin of her back. She giggled happily and reached over to cup his face with her hand.

He let out a low, husky laugh against the back of her ear, sending shivers down her spine. "Mmm, good morning, my darling."

"Good morning, love." She greeted back in a groggy tone with a wide smile. Rolling over on to her back, she pulled Klaus down to the bed next to her. She tugged the sheet over their heads and trailed a hand down his chest while softly biting her lip.

The sound of footsteps entering their room caught the hybrids off guard and they removed the sheet to see Elijah standing in the doorway with a sneer of disapproval. "So pleased you can find the urge to indulge after you brutally murdered Hayley yesterday." He remarked sarcastically and rolled his eyes.

Groaning in aggravation, Ingrid sat back against the frame of the bed while making sure she was covered where needed. "I see we still haven't learned boundaries." She mused condescendingly then held a finger up in confusion. "See, weren't you the one begging for my forgiveness a few months ago? Is it safe to say you no longer want it?" She questioned mockingly as Klaus laughed from beside her. Sighing, she rolled her eyes in frustration. "As I explained before, her time was up. She was of no use anymore."

"We don't use people, Ingrid!" Elijah snapped.

"Oh..." She mused in feigned cluelessness and raised an eyebrow. "So, why do you continue to use Marcellus after I've specifically asked you to stop? What you mean then is... we shouldn't use people you don't want us to... Marcellus is family and he deserves more respect then you seem to be willing to give him. And since he is family, he should be more aware of our plans. Stop leaving him out."

"We cannot trust Marcel completely as there still is a threat. He isn't cleared of any possibility." Elijah reminded her sternly and she shot him an unimpressed look. "Hayley was of no threat."

"How do you know?" Ingrid asked curiously, hoping to prove a point of his hypocrisy.

"And what of Tristan?" Elijah interrogated further, rage seeping through his tone as he ignored her question. "Can you imagine how Aurora will react when she finds out?"

"She won't find out." Ingrid answered in a confident manner. "She, just like the Strix, will think he's suffering at the bottom of the ocean. Besides, she'll be long dead before she were to ever figure it out." She explained then scoffed and pulled the sheet tighter as she sat up. "What's with the Q and A so early in the morning?"

Elijah pulled out an empty blood bag from his jacket pocket and held it for them to see. He sighed heavily in exasperation and glanced at them. "This is from Camille..." he trailed off and watched their reactions. Ingrid harshly rolled her eyes with a groan while Klaus looked annoyed. "Just refresh my memory, Niklaus-- was I the one who impulsively handed her a daylight ring?" Elijah questioned then continued on before anyone else could respond. "Oh, no, that's right. It was you."

Klaus rolled his eyes and sunk down in the bed. "She left, didn't she?"

"Shocking turn of events, yes." Elijah replied sarcastically. "So, why don't you two go and find her? I shall deal with the growing nightmare of our family's potential extinction."