➳ 23: girl in new orleans

INGRID was sitting on the couch with her feet propped up, browsing on her laptop while her phone continued to buzz next to her. Rebekah groaned in annoyance and slammed her hand down on the table. "Would you please just answer the bloody thing?"

"It's just Agnes. She is relentless. She has been attempting to convince me to go to the clinic in the bayou." Ingrid remarked in an uninterested tone and waved it off. "Because I so want to spend my time in some backwoods clinic in the middle of nowhere." She remarked sarcastically and rolled her eyes.

Rebekah glance at her, her voice mildly jealous. "A lot of women would kill to have a child. It strikes me as odd that you're not taking better care of yours. Especially considering..." She trailed off then stopped when she noticed Ingrid's enraged face.

"Never speak of it again." The hybrid snarled harshly and slammed the laptop shut.

Rebekah immediately regretted saying that and sheepishly looked down at the floor. As much as Rebekah wanted to be human and have children, she knew that Ingrid had tried for years and was unsuccessful and that was worse than never having tried at all. "I'm sorry." She whispered a genuine apology and shook her head. "I'm sorry."

"I will go to the clinic." Ingrid replied after an uncomfortable moment of silence and Rebekah smiled slightly. "Without you." She added sternly causing the blonde's smile to immediately fall.

Rebekah began searching on the laptop herself for any location nearby that matched the one from her botched memory while Ingrid sat in silence, staring at the wall ahead of her in deep thought.

Klaus walked in and laughed at his sister when he saw her. "Please, sister, tell me you're not still at it with the internet search. How does one begin, anyway? Just type in "anonymous attic?"" He mocked her while pouring himself a glass of scotch and sitting next to Ingrid, placing a hand on her knee.

"Someone has to find Elijah, even if I have to search every bloody attic in New Orleans." Rebekah answered, anger aimed at him.

"Like looking for a needle in a rather large pile of needles." He remarked with an amused smirk and glanced at Ingrid, who didn't react or snap out of her thoughts, then frowned in concern.

"I remember details about the attic Marcel took me to. There were shutters on the windows behind Elijah's coffin." Rebekah thought out loud, hoping it would spark any hint.

"Well, that should narrow it down immensely. Myself, I prefer actual strategy as opposed to mind-numbing labor. Marcel's delay in returning our brother makes me suspect he's no longer in charge of the situation." Klaus mused with a superficial smirk. "If Davina's loyalty to Marcel is strained, perhaps the young witch will be open to discussing a new alliance."

Rebekah turned away from the screen and smiled bitterly at him. "As usual, your power grabs are more important than rescuing your brother."

"I prefer to think of it as killing two birds with one stone." Klaus responded with a shrug of his shoulders. "Rob Marcel of his secret weapon, bring our brother home."

Rebekah, still unimpressed, smiled tightly at her brother as he sipped his drink. Ingrid brought her attention back to reality and spoke in a small, quiet voice. "I need some air. Pardon me."

Klaus watched her leave the room with a worried expression then turned to Rebekah, who immediately looked guilty. "What did you do?" He sneered at her, leaning forward in his seat.