➳ 28: the casket girls

INGRID was lying on the couch in Klaus' office, partaking in the conversation between Klaus and Marcel as they discussed Davina's disappearance.

"You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to know the obvious." Klaus remarked with a pointed look. "Our secret weapon has escaped."

"Not so much of a secret weapon..." Ingrid trailed off with an unimpressed look on her face. "Everyone already knew Marcel was hiding her."

Marcel paced the floor and glanced at him incredulously. "She wouldn't just leave. She knows the witches want her back."

"Perhaps she has come to the realization that she does not need our protection when she is as that strong of a witch." Ingrid remarked from her spot on the couch then smirked slightly. "Or maybe she is simply tired of being held prisoner."

Elijah want in from around the corner and they all turned to look at him. "Her violin is missing. She may have left of her own volition."

Marcel walked toward him, pointing a finger in accusation. "What did you say to her in the attic? She lied to my face so she could stay up there, thinking that you'd help her control her magic. How do we know you didn't take her?" He questioned angrily, getting in Elijah's face.

"I have no idea where Davina is, or why she ran away." Elijah truthfully responded then gestured for him to move. "Can I suggest you take a step back?

Marcel eyed him for a moment before turning away as Ingrid chuckled to herself, amused by Elijah's attitude.

"I can assure you I have absolutely no desire to see that child come into harm's way." Elijah commented sternly, crossing his arms over his chest. "She's suffered enough with this Harvest ritual nonsense."

"That child, to whom you refer to so affectionately, is the most powerful witch in New Orleans." Klaus reminded him then took a step toward them. "If she's fled, what's to stop her from destroying us? In fact, destroying all we've worked for?" He questioned them then shook his head before they could answer. "No, if she's not a friend to this family, then she is our enemy."

"She is a friend, Klaus." Marcel reminded him in a strong tone.

Klaus smirked at him, challenging his position. "Well, let's hope so. Lucky for you, I know how to get her back. Follow my lead." He commanded while leaving the room.

Marcel was about to follow when Elijah stopped him. "You know how Niklaus operates. If he perceives a threat, he can become quite ruthless. This would not bode well for Davina."

"I'm not going to let anybody lay a finger on her." Marcel replied, shaking a finger at him and not backing down from his side.

"Nor will I." Elijah assured him with an austere glare then watched him leave the room. Once Marcel was gone, he walked over to Ingrid and lifted her feet up, sitting down in their spot and placing them in his lap. He glanced down at her baby bump and smiled at how much of a hill it seemed to represent then. He straightened his facial expression and glanced at her with concern. "I fear for Davina's demise at the hands of Niklaus."

"Elijah, I would love to help but I am not exactly allowed to be involved in the physical altercations anymore." She reminded him with a displeased snarl. "I have been reduced to a simple house wife and an incubator." Ingrid grumbled in disappointment. "Thousand years ago I would not have complained but now I am tired of being unable to do as I pleased because she needs my body solely to survive."