➳ 72: dead angels

"MAY I ask what the exact plan is?" Ingrid questioned in curiosity, standing before the two Mikaelson brothers with her arms folded over her chest and a raised eyebrow. "And may I ask why I can't just murder her? The longer Camille runs around with the white oak in her possession, the more uneasy I become."

"Ingrid, you can't murder everyone because they pose an inconvenience to you." Elijah explained in a scolding manner, in disbelief that she would even consider that plan.

"Uh... yes, I can and I will." She replied in determination and gaped at Klaus in a way that read: is he serious?

"Regardless of your opinion, I say we kill her and take the horse back. She's acting like a spoiled brat who's throwing a fit when they can't get their way. I'm not tolerating it. I don't tolerate it with Hope and I sure as hell won't for a grown ass woman. Let's just get rid of her. Simple. At this point, we can't trust anyone who is not family. If that..." Ingrid whispered the last bit, making a snarky expression at him.

"The plan is to trade." Elijah answered with a pointed look.

Unimpressed, she paused with her mouth hung agape for a second before raising a finger and chuckling sarcastically. "Please tell me that's not all of it."

"I'm afraid so, my love." Klaus replied in a reluctant tone.

"And we're sure that once she gets the dark objects, she'll just hand over the horse to us?" Ingrid asked in worry. "How sure exactly? Because we need to be absolutely sure."

"She will hand them over." Elijah replied confidently.

Realizing that they had decided that was what the plan was going to be, Ingrid sighed and closed her eyes to calm herself. "If this goes sideways, it's on you." When she opened them, she looked straight at Klaus with a stern expression. "You will not be going alone." She ordered strongly before turning on her heels and walking out of the room.

Klaus and Ingrid arrived at the cemetery with equally unhappy expressions. Klaus had a briefcase in his hands and the couple walked toward the Lycée where Vincent was leaning against the outside wall of one of the tombs.

"Ah, Vincent." Klaus greeted and turned down the aisle to approach him. "I should have known Camille would seek powerful fools to aid in this rather futile gambit. As I send you off to join your Ancestors, just know this is her fault." Klaus lunged for Vincent but was promptly blocked by his boundary spell.

Vincent looked slightly smug and didn't even flinch as Klaus glared at him. "I was hoping for a simple trade, but seeing as how everything you took can't possibly fit in that briefcase, I'm gonna go ahead and assume that "simple" ain't exactly your style."

"Well, of course not." Ingrid commented with a smirk, walking over to stand next to her husband.

"Why don't you take down this barrier? I'll show you precisely what my style entails." Klaus threatened coldly.

Just then, Cami finally walked out of the tomb and joined them. "Seriously? I have an ancient, mystical weapon of doom, and instead of agreeing to my very fair trade, you're making threats."

Ingrid groaned loudly with an overdramatic eye roll. "Ugh..."

"There she is! Traitor to my family, thief of that which is mine." Klaus snarled furiously, gesturing at the blonde.