➳ 100: between the devil and the deep blue sea

"DO you really think my guys would be that stupid?" Marcel asked in disbelief with his arms folded across his chest as he stood before Ingrid and Klaus. "They know that if they hid or helped Greta, they'd be answering to me."

"Marcellus, I love you, you know that." Ingrid mused affectionately then her face fell in aggravation. "But you're slacking. We let you deal with it your way and it's taking far too long so we need to do this our way now. Either they're hiding her or they're genuinely clueless. I don't care. We need to find her."

"Well, was it you who ordered the vampires to antagonize the wolves and string up that hybrid boy?" Klaus asked curiously then his lips formed across an O shape as he narrowed his eyes and turned toward him with a knowing expression. "No. I didn't think so. Perhaps your royal status has wilted along with your marital prospects."

Ingrid shot him an unimpressed look and scolded the other hybrid while Marcel appeared aggravated. Josh queticlly stepped in to prevent a fight and held his hands up. "Alright, alright. Easy. The vampires like Eirik... everyone does. We didn't touch him."

"We're not saying you did. We know who did. Have you been listening? Plus, your argument lacks strength. Everyone loves Eirik. He's eleven. He's an innocent child. He wasn't taken because someone didn't like him. He was taken because someone doesn't like us." Ingrid reminded him with a pointed expression and gestured between herself and Klaus. "What we want is to find Greta and get justice for our son. Now our idea of justice is vastly different than yours but we'll see what happens when we find her."

"I suggest you amp up your efforts to find her." Klaus offered up with a condescending smile. "Because if she is not found by sundown then your entire faction will face the wrath of my disappointment. Close proximity of just two Mikaelsons turned rain to blood. Imagine what would happen if I were to turn to my siblings for help. Our little family reunion would cause hellfire to devour us all." He threatened sinisterly and Ingrid pointed a finger at him in agreement.

"Get on to it." Ingrid dismissed then with a clap of her hands and they both rolled their eyes before walking out of the compound.

Hours later, Marcel returned to rhe compound to see that the courtyard had been turned into a police station. He walked toward Klaus, who was standing on the balcony and watching over them. "Compelling NOLA's finest, I see." He commented dully, joining his former sire.

"If that's the city's finest, then it will wither from its own mediocrity." Klaus sneered impatiently and turned toward him.

"Now, what are humans gonna do that the other factions can't?" Marcel asked curiously.

"They have the numbers. I need eyes everywhere. Whoever did this can't hide from me." Klaus threatened sternly and Marcel studied him closely for a moment. "What?" The hybrid asked, feeling uneasy under his staring gaze.

"Mm. Clear eyes, focused demeanor. You know, for Klaus Mikaelson, I'd say you're acting pretty normal." Marcel commented simply.

Klaus was confused by this remark and narrowed his light blue eyes suspiciously. "If you've got a point, Marcellus, spit it out."

"There's chatter that with Ingrid home you're going to become unhinged." Marcel admitted with a face of worry. "I'm just making sure you're not poised to do something that we'll all regret."