➳ 1: bringing out the dead

ABBY Bennett, Bonnie Bennett, and Stefan Salvatore were walking through a secret cave underneath Mystic Falls toward a room that held two coffins.

"Slow down!" Abby yelled breathlessly, trying to keep up with the vampire leading the way.

"Keep up, we don't have much time." Stefan snapped at her impatiently.

"Sorry Stefan, but I didn't have a choice." Bonnie said sheepishly, attempting to reason with her friend.

"It was a choice Bonnie, you made it and now we have to live with it. You told Klaus where the coffins were and he took them." He snarled furiously at her because his plan to get back at Klaus were shattered. "All of them except these two."

Then the two coffin were seen inside the room from the doorway. Abby peaked inside and raised an eyebrow at him. "These are the ones that are sealed?"

Stefan glanced over at the coffins with a nod and tight lips. "Yep. Fortunately it seems to be the ones he cares about most." He then pointed at the coffin with the chains wrapped around it. "Whatever, or whoever is in there, he is terrified of. I want it freed."

Abby nodded in understanding and walked across the invisible threshold. When she noticed that Stefan hadn't followed them in, she looked at him in confusion. "Aren't you coming inside?"

Stefan stopped directly at the entrance and shook his head. "Vampires can't get in. Damon had to compel a couple of Lockwood gardeners to bring the coffin in."

"This is a bad idea." Abby commented as she looked around and got an uneasy feeling about what they were doing.

"Look, if you're really the key to opening up those coffins, I think it's a pretty safe bet you're on Klaus's hit list." Stefan reminded her with a bitter smile on his face. "So I suggest you hideout here and figure out a way to open up the damn things."

"I told you, I don't have any powers." She argued sternly and moving her hands to match her expression, stressing her lack of magic.

Stefan narrowed his leafy green eyes and snarled aggressively at her. "I don't believe you. But time's ticking. Won't be long before Klaus calls his hybrids to find that coffin and kill all of us. So dig deep, Abby Bennett." He sneered her name, tilting his head to the side passive aggressively. "Scrape out whatever magic you have left." He suggested before turning on his heels and walking away from them.

Bonnie sighed heavily in frustration and looked at the signs of the Mikaelson family in the grimoire. "Is this the only grimoire you kept?" She asked her mother in curiosity.

"It was the only one I needed." Abby answered with a nod while looking at the etchings on the wall. "So...what is all of this?"

"Family history." Bonnie answered while leaning against the chained coffin. "About a mother, who loved her children so much, she couldn't bear the thought she might lose them. So she turned them into vampires. One of them is Klaus."

"The one you're trying to kill with whatever is in those coffins?" Abby asked while gesturing to the two red coffins before them.

Bonnie nodded and turned to look at the open grimoire on top of the coffin. "There's nothing in here that's going to help us. I've seen most of these spells." She remarked then noticed a page was torn out. "What was this?"