➳ 44: red door

KOL noticed the hybrids standing on the porch and addressed Klaus as though they were strangers without completely concealing his true identity. "Oh. Hello, darling. Back to huff and puff and blow the house down?"

Ingrid was about to reply when Kol shot her a warning look and she realized he wanted to mess with his big brother for a second. Smirking, she hid her laugh and licked her lips.

Klaus glanced over at him, unamused. "You know, it's funny how often a person's sharp tongue can end up cutting their own throat."

Cami sighes in frustration and rolled her eyes at him. "Klaus, he's just a kid. Give him a break."

"Yeah, she's right. You know, you may want to try a bit of lavender under your pillow. Does wonders for stuck-up pillocks with anger issues." Kol antagonized him with a patronizing smirk.

Cami groaned in annoyance and turned toward the witch. "Hey! Shut it."

"I promised not to kill Davina. I said nothing of this insolent sod." Klaus sneered furiously as Kol smirked at him.

Cami stood up from her postion next to Davina and walked over to him. "Klaus, come on." She called outbto him but he continued to stare suspiciously at Kol. "A minute ago, you had the opportunity to kill your father with this thing, and you didn't. You're not going to kill this kid with it, either!"

"Camille, do not underestimate Niklaus." Ingrid remarked, a knowing expression in her face. "Also, please stop wasting your time with your assumption that you have any hold."

Klaus, tired of Cami attempting to talk him down, handed her the car keys. "Go get the car and take her to the hospital."

Cami smiled in appreciation at him and grabbed the keys from him before leaving the cabin and walking toward the SUV.

Klaus turned back toward Kol, his face slowly falling in realization and Ingrid nodded to herself. "You've got a way with words."

"Well, I've traveled." Kol responded simply, stating up and walking over to Klaus so they could speak face-to-face.

"You seem to have crossed continents to order to weasel your way into Davina's good graces, thereby meddling in my family business." Klaus passive-aggresively remarked with a smile. "Strange, isn't it?"

Kol smirked but said nothing, which seemed to confirm Klaus' suspicions. "Unless it's your family business. You know, ever since my mother and Finn, I was wondering when you might make an appearance, Kol."

"There it is." Ingrid whispered to herself and flattened her lips into a line. "Finally. I was waiting for you to figure it out and it was hard to keep it to myself."

Kol, clearly amused by this exchange, couldn't help but laugh as he bowed dramatically to them. "Then the jig is up!" He remarked and Klaus smiled as though he was genuinely pleased to see him. "Hello, brother! Hello again, Indy."

"Hey, Kol." She greeted him with a wide smile.

"It's not that I begrudge you hitching a ride back to the land of the living." Klaus remarked with a smirk and looked at him in concern. "It's just that you're making all the wrong friends, brother. And, I have half a mind to show you how wrong you are."