➳ 9: the rager

"THIS makes absolutely no sense." Ingrid remarked in confusion, standing in front of Klaus with her arms crossed over her chest. "The sire bond is formed out of gratitude or love. Elena possess neither for me and believe me, it is requited."

"No, but she does fear you." Klaus answered with a pointed expression as he placed his art supplies into a cardboard box.

"Fear is not strong enough to form a sire bond." Ingrid argued while shaking her head and shifting on her feet.

"Fear is far stronger than love." He replied with a smug smirk. "It's a powerful motivator and for the common man, it can be paralyzing. Humans don't do things simply because they are afraid. It is possible that Elena is so terrified of you that the sire bond formed as a way for her to protect herself from your rage."

"I do not want a little puppy following me around every moment of the day." She groaned in aggravation and rolled her dark eyes with a scoff. She then threw herself down in one of the arm chairs and smirked at her husband. "Besides, if that were true, the whole world would be sired to you, my love."

"Actually, in that sense I think you would have more sire bonds." He chuckled warmly, his dimples peaking out from his cheeks causing her to smile back slightly. "I don't know. You are pretty terrifying."

Ingrid glanced over at him, unimpressed. "I am not toast, you cannot butter me up for approval."

"Not buttering you up. I am just being honest." Klaus replied with a serious face.

She scoffed with a small laugh and raised an eyebrow. "You? Being honest? My... the world must be ending." She joked in a teasing manner causing him to roll his blue eyes.

"You told her to listen to Damon meaning he'll tell her to stay away from you and she will." Klaus responded with a small shrug of his shoulder. "You won't have to worry about her following you around. The benefit here is that no one else knows. You can use it to your advantage."

"There is a reason I never sired hyrbids, Niklaus. I do not want the uncontrollable loyalty. I do not want someone to simply do everything I asked." Ingrid said with a blank face before smirking widely. "There is no fun in that. I want to take it by force. I do not want it handed to me."

She then walked over to him, running a hand down his arm as she passed by. He grabbed ahold of her hand with his and gazed down at her affectionately. She looked at his hand then up at him with a kind smile. "I love you." She whispered softly then continued on. "But.." The Original wife then shook her head and pointed a finger at him. "Do not assume this means I forgive you entirely. I thought you were dead... and then you were alive. The circumstances changed."

Klaus laughed while shaking his head and held his hands up in surrender. "Why would I assume a moment of passionate intimacy with my wife meant anything?" He questioned sarcastically causing her to smack him on the arm with an feigned offended expression. He laughed again and placed a hand on the small of her back. "My mistake."

Ingrid glared up at him for a moment then began playing with the buttons on his leather jacket with a thoughtful face. "In all honesty, I have not completely forgiven you, Niklaus. However..." She trailed off, tilting her head to the side and looking up at him through her eyelashes. "That does not mean I did not grieve for your death. A piece of my own heart died when I thought Alaric killed you. Then I saw that you were alive and... I was not angry that you had kept that from me. I was thankful that you were home in one piece. I forgot about everything the moment I saw you alive and I wanted nothing more than to be with my husband."