➳ 94: the feast of all sinners

"THE Hollow has been haunting New Orleans for centuries. It's an unending evil. Its appetite for power is insatiable. And that's what attracted it to your little girl." Vincent explained to the five Mikaelsons.

"You said there was a way to save her." Klaus interrupted impatiently, pacing and biting at his nails.

"There is. But I'm gonna tell you right now, you are not gonna like my plan." Vincent responded and they looked at each other worried by these words. "Step one: we pull the Hollow out of Hope. Step two: we find someplace else to put it. But with the book gone, I need a place that's both powerful and eternal. And in order to make the transition work, I'm gonna need something that's connected to Hope through blood."

"You need a vampire." Freya realized where he was going and glanced at him in disbelief. "You want to put the Hollow into one of my siblings?"

"One ain't gonna cut it. I'm gonna need four of them." Vincent clarified and Freya scoffed loudly, shaking her head.

"Why four of us?" Elijah asked curiously.

"Well, fifteen hundred years ago, when the Hollow was first killed, they divided her remains. Four bones, four volunteers, four different locations." Vincent explained strongly. "That's how we're going to beat the Hollow now."

"Transfer the Hollow's power into four immortal vampires." Freya mused slowly.

"And just send us on our way." Rebekah sneered angrily.

"So the evil is drawn, quartered and separated for all time." Klaus added with a scoff.

"And you have to go your separate ways, and you have to stay separate. For all time." Vincent informed them causing Klaus and Elijah to look at each other. "We can never see each other again. Can never go near each other again." The five Mikaelsons all shared differed looks but mostly shock and disbelief then turned back to Vincent. "That is the only way that we're gonna beat the Hollow."

"Well, if it'll save my little girl, then we will make it so." Klaus encouraged, motioning for him to get started.

Klaus and Ingrid were at a standoff in the den, arguing over who was going to make the sacrifice. Ingrid had her arms crossed over her chest and Klaus was glaring furiously at her. "It's not going to be you, Ingrid."

"Yes. It is." Ingrid snapped back at him, her tone harsh and stern. "This is not up for debate. I'm doing this and you don't have to like but you have to accept it."

"No!" Klaus bellowed, slamming his hand down against the end table next to him. Ingrid closed her eyes to settle her nerves and slowly opened them to see Klaus jabbing a finger in her direction. "I will not stand idly by while my wife offers herself up to be a lock box for some witch."

Sighing, she dropped her arms and took a step toward him. "Niklaus, you made your sacrifice for this family. Now let me make mine. It's my turn to make the hard choice."

"This is different. We don't take turns, Ingrid." Klaus argued with a shake of his head and approached her slowly. "You won't just miss five years of their life, you'll miss all of it!"

"I know." She whispered emotionally and gulped back the tears brimming. "But I trust that as Hope gets older, she and Freya will find a way to to fix this. But for now this is what it has to be..." Ingrid then grabbed his hands and kissed his palms softly. "This way... you get to see your siblings instead of being the one who has to run from them. You'll get to raise our children and make up for the time you lost."