➳ 47: the brothers that care forgot

"WE arrive into this world as innocents. Wide-eyed. Vulnerable. It is the job of our parents to nurture and protect us. Unfortunately, our own parents failed miserably at even the most basic of parental tasks. But, we are not beholden to the past they created for us." Klaus said to his brothers, pacing in front of them.

At the Mikaelson compound, Klaus, Ingrid, and Elijah were having breakfast in the dining room with Kol and Finn, who were still bound with the enchanted manacles that prevented them from doing magic. Compelled servants in suits placed platters of breakfast pastries on the table around them and Ingrid raised an eyebrow, impressed by the effort Klaus put into their torture breakfast.

"Today, a new future awaits. Forget your animosity toward Elijah and myself. Instead, join us against she who truly deserves your ire-- our mother." Klaus smirked at his brothers while Kol rolled his eyes, and Finn just looked bored. "Do this, and we will welcome you with open arms!"

"Well-- " Kol started then reached for a plate of pastries with his shackled hands.

Klaus pulled it out of his way causing him to sigh and roll his eyes again. Klaus then wagged his finger, sat down in his seat, and smiled at him. "But, if you continue to oppose us, a denial of pastries will be the least of your concerns."

Kol sighed once again. "If all you wanted was my allegiance against Mother Dearest, you should have said so! Save me a night shackled to the wall."

"Yes, this was Niklaus. My recommendation was to remove your limbs, one by one, until you comply." Elijah said slowly in annoyance with a sigh.

Ingrid smirked and brought her orange juice to her lips, laughing while drinking from her glass. "I was in concurrence with Elijah but we lost in that decision."

Klaus laughed at them and stood up from his seat. "We've--we've no desire to torture you." He stood behind Kol and Finn and squeezed their shoulders with his hands. "Provided you vow to stand beside us!" Finn shrugged out of Klaus' grip and looked at him with skepticism.

"Brothers... Does that word even apply to us? After all these centuries of betrayal? And, has loyalty to you ever rewarded? If so, tell me, Niklaus-- where is our sister, Rebekah?" Finn demanded sternly and Elijah glared at him. "She was blindly loyal to you for a thousand years, and now? Nowhere to be found. Where did our sister go? And, how did she escape your vile machinations?"

"Rebekah was given the choice to leave New Orleans and make a life for herself." Ingrid vaguely answered and shrugged her shoulders. "I think it best we leave her to it."

Klaus, whose back had been turned to him, was clearly nervous and suspicious, but laughed fakely to cover for it before he turned to face them. "You think me vile? What, then, do you make of the one who cursed us?"

"She was trying to make you mortal again!" Finn argued in frustration, gritting his teeth and shaking his shackled hands in a matching gesture.

Elijah grabbed a knife off the table, suspicious and annoyed by Finn's words. Ingrid noticed and made a concerned expression but he waved her off with a shake of his head.

"To fix her own mistake." Ingrid snarled furiously and began to rearrange her silverware while speaking. "Finn, your mother only acts when it is a pathetic attempt to cover her own ass. She does not care for any of you. She is using you to get what she wants and in the end, she will get rid of you when she's finished. The only reason she wants us to be mortal is so that we may finally die and she can feel good about herself."