➳ 18: because the night

STEFAN had called Ingrid to ask from her and Klaus' help with Silas. She reluctantly agreed then realized she could use the proximity to get back at Stefan for helping in the plan to kill Kol.

After the Salvatore explained everything, Klaus began pouring himself a drink while talking to them. "So some blood went missing from a few hospitals. What about Elena? Don't vampires with their humanity off tend to overindulge in human blood, or were you the exception?" He turned around to look at Stefan.

He quickly shook his head to deny the hybrid's claim. "It's not Elena."

"Well, let's say for a moment that it was Silas. I'm struggling to see how this affects us." Klaus pointed out bitterly and sat down.

"Look. Silas wants to die and be reunited with his one true love, but he's supernatural, so if he takes the cure and dies, he gets stuck on the Other Side." Stefan explained what Shane told them.

"How Shakespearian." Klaus commented in amusement with a smirk.

"But if he destroys the Other Side altogether, he can take the cure, die, and pass on, but in destroying it, every dead supernatural being will return to our side." Stefan continued to explained urgently.

"That means every werewolf, every witch, every vampire. I wonder how many of those you personally killed." Caroline added in the same tone before looking at the Original. "Care yet?"

Ingrid pretended to think about it before smirking and shaking her head. "No."

He smiled over at her. "My interest is piqued." The turned to Stefan. "How do we stop him?"

"Bonnie said Silas needs to complete three massacres to do this spell. Before Professor Shane died, he convinced the pastor to blow up the Council." The Salvatore began to list the steps the witch informed him of. "Next, he had you kill your hybrids, and now he only needs one more massacre, so if he's here, that's what he's doing. We need to find him."

The group entered Shane's office and started looking through his stuff, searching for clues for the next massacre.

"What are we even looking for?" Caroline asked the others in confusion and frustration as she searched through his stuff.

"Well, if Shane really was working with Silas, chances are he was helping him plan his next move." Stefan answered while doing the same thing.

"Where, on his evil villain to-do list?" The blonde questioned incredulously. "'Steal blood, perform three massacres, pick up dry cleaning'?"

Klaus smirked and decided to speak up. "Actually, not to nit-pick, but we evil villains usually use minions to pick up our dry cleaning, that sort of thing."

"Well, you used to." Ingrid remarked with a mocking smile and he glared over at her.

Caroline looked Stefan in annoyance and glared. "Why are they necessary again?"

"They can hear you." Ingrid snarled back with a condescending expression.

"Well, we don't know what Silas can do, so if we do have to go head to head with him, two Original hybrids who can't die might come in handy." He answered gruffly, looking up at her.