➳ 54: save my soul

ELIJAH arrived to the compound to find Ingrid and Klaus waiting for him in the dining room in anticipation for their family brunch. Klaus looked up at his brother and grinned happily. "There you are. Finally."

Elijah stripped off his coat and hung it up before heading toward the table. "I was delayed." He vaguely explained his late arrival causing Ingrid to chuckle under her breath while sipping on her mimosa.

"Oh, yes. Delayed." She commented in a knowing tone of voice, smirking to herself. "What was the name of this delay?" She questioned curiously in amusement and raised an eyebrow. Narrowing her eyes, she glanced at her brother-in-law for a moment before laughing again. "That little protégé of yours perhaps?" She pressed further then turned to look at her husband. "What was her name again, Niklaus?"

"Gina." Klaus answered with an amused smirk.

"Oh, right. Gina." Ingrid whispered with a wide smirk.

"Gia." Elijah corrected with an eyeroll. "Enough." Elijah spoke in a warning tone, guarding his private life from them.

Klaus chuckled to himself before sobering up and spoke to Elijah again. "Our guest of honor will be here momentarily."

"Strange, our house is conspicuously absent of our lupine guests." Elijah remarked, bemused, and sat down next to the hyrbids. "I do hope it wasn't on my account."

Klaus looked down at his lap and laughed for a moment. Licking his lips, he looked back up at them. "I sent Hayley and her poorly groomed husband off to spend the day with their werewolf brethren to test the limits of their new abilities. Leaving me to deal with family business as I see fit."

Elijah glanced at him suspiciously and shifted in his seat. "Niklaus, Rebekah's situation has taken a turn. We may need Freya's assistance. So, whatever you are planning here? Don't." He advised sternly, shooting them both warning glares.

Ingrid set her glass down and shot Elijah an unimpressed look. "Please." She scoffed with an eye roll. "I was unaware that we were inviting strangers to have a seat at the table." She grumbled in a bitter manner and gave him a patronizing smile. "My apologies."

Klaus rolled his blue eyes and jeered at his accusation. "All I'm planning is a simple chat with a long-lost relative. You yourself said to hear her out."

Elijah narrowed his eyes and looked at his younger brother in suspicion. "And you yourself said that would be idiocy."

Klaus glanced at Ingrid, sharing an amused look with her. "Did I?" He feigned as though he was straining to remember when he had said this. "Well, it does sound like me." He mused with a shrug as Ingrid laughed lowly. "Regardless, on the off-chance Freya has some information that could protect my daughter, I'd prefer she share it on my terms." He remarked then paused and held a finger up, pointing toward his ear. "Ah! I think I hear her now!"

He turned to the door just as Freya walked into the dining room, smiling at her family. "Sister! Well, come in! Come in! Make yourself comfortable." He held his hand out to an empty seat with a wide smile causing Freya to look slightly nervous but she smiled warmly at them regardless.

For a bit of time, the four Mikaelsons sat around the table making awkward, small talk. Freya held a small round artifact in her hands and was examining it carefully. "This witch-hoop, it's Danish. Is this from when you all lived in Copenhagen in the 1500s?"