➳ 61: for the next millennium

SIX months following Dahlia's defeat, Elijah tried to maintain a diplomatic relationship with the hybrids. Freya moved into the compound and attempted to help with Hope but Ingrid still wasn't up to trusting her. Marcel was angry at Klaus so that meant Ingrid didn't see him much and Hayley, along with her pack, were still affected by the curse.

Klaus stood in the living room, standing directly front of the wall of painted portraits of each the Mikaelsons at some point in their history. He looked upset as he stared at the portrait of Elijah and whispered quietly to himself. "Always and forever, indeed." After a moment, Klaus turned and walked away. He made his way up the stairs and down the hall to a closed door.

He walked into the room to see Ingrid sitting in her chair behind her desk and writing something down on the calender.

"Yes, Niklaus?" She greeted him without looking up from her paper.

"What is on your itinerary for today?" He asked curiously and sat down in one of the chairs across from her.

Holding a finger up, she flipped the calender toward that current day and started reading off her schedule. "Well, in about a ten minutes, I have a meeting with Elijah to discuss an appeal for his right to spend time with Hope. Then Hope goes down for her nap at three and at six we have your gallery showing at the infirmary." Ingrid informed him then looked up to finally make eye contact and smiled widely. "Is that the one you were worried about?"

Klaus chuckled at how transparent he had been with Ingrid and folded his hands together. "Perhaps."

Shaking her head with a small laugh, she gave him a sincere expression and reassured him. "Don't worry, Niklaus. I would never miss it."

He grinned at her and shook his head with a small laugh. "I know you wouldn't." He stated, standing to his feet and walking around to desk, joining her on the other side. He kissed her on the cheek and smirked deviously down at her. Running his hand down her cheek toward her collar bone in a gentle, grazing motion, he mused lowly and placed his lips behind her ear.

Ingrid smiled blissfully and tilted her head to the side, giving him more room. "Niklaus..." She called out in a soft moan before grabbing his hand with hers and pulling it away. "Elijah will be here any moment." She informed him with a disappointed frown.

At the mention of his older brother's name, Klaus growled for a second before covering it up with a small shrug and pretending it didn't bother him. "Reschedule."

"As cross as I am with him, I've rescheduled him four times with basic excuses. The absolute least I could do is meet with him in person. There's no reason to delay the motion any further." She explained sternly then gave him a seductive look and kissed the palm of his hand. "However..." She trailed off, standing to her feet and facing him with her entire body. "There is plenty of time to do this later."

"Ooh, there's room in your schedule for this." Klaus mocked her then leaned down and proceeded to cover his face and neck with sloppy kisses.

Laughing, Ingrid grabbed his face in her hands. "For you? Always!"

Klaus mused happily and pulled her closely. "Hmm. Yeah?"

She giggled and nodded her head, glancing up at him through her eyelashes. "Yeah." She drew out slowly in a suggestive motion.